Screw City driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my raptor mainly for the off road like conditions found on Atlantic City's roads.

Regarding Parking, you guys are doing it all wrong. Granted some times you only have street parking available, but if there is a parking garage and Valet I always pull up to the Valet and tell them I need 6'9" of clearance and wont fit. Every time I have parked up front with Valet leaving my truck right there next to all those Italian and German imports. Walk in, Walk out no fuss and I know my truck is not crammed into some little spot.

PS. can set Viper alarms with the GPS to a certain geographic area which you define. If the truck moves outside the zone, you get an alert.

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the past few weeks my raptor has been my daily driver in SF. it doesn't fit in my garage at home so i park it on the street or leave it in my company garage downtown. i start most mornings off at a gym with a 6'10 ceiling and it fits fine. after the gym i park in a garage next to my office with no issues on height.
there are some areas i won't drive my raptor too as i know there will not be any parking on the street and there are no garages in the area. with my ADD stealth bumpers on the front and the rear i don't worry about damage to my raptor....

oh the 9/10 miles to the gallon in the city really sucks

Last edited:

Mayhem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive in downtown vancouver all the time during the busy busy hours & rush hour n all that.... I don't have a front or rear camera.. And have no problem driving manouvering or parking it. (SCab) Even do fine in the really narrow single lane streets where the Raptor squeeks between cars parked on either side by inches.

It's a little more annoying trying to find a long enough space when I'm driving the Screw, but definately do-able. Certainly waste more gas circling the block for a spot than you would if you were in a mini cooper.

I think it's unhealthy to be "overly" paranoid about parking in public... I mean if the maseratis, lambos, and other exotics are street parked.. no reason a raptor cant.

Haven't had any issues so far, but I am "strategic" in picking my spots wisely when I can..

Pick spots next to / between expensive cars.. clean cars.. well cared for cars.. Pick spots next to pillars or edges / curbs that leave you blocked on that side from other vehicles etc.

Honestly my biggest issue with finding a spot in downtown, is that the Raptor is too tall for many parking garages, and too wide for a few. No problem parking in the street which I prefer anyways... (Had the Raptor broken into in the parking garage). Street parking prevents thefts/vandalism since its so busy all the time. Parking in the major shopping district areas guarantees you'll find other nice cars to park next to.

Next biggest issue would be that there are way too many pedestrians, and majority of them ignore most traffic lights.... So you get stuck at lights forever cuz shit heads have no fear of being run over and no respect for drivers.

coolidge

Reaction score
NYC is not a problem, I drive my 4x4 into the city frequently and the zillion delivery trucks zooming around are way bigger than a Raptor. Just ignore the yellow center lines and drive where you want like everyone else. Edit: Do NOT challenge city buses they will ram you.

Last edited:

alihasan

Reaction score
In city driving- Dubai

I am using My new raptor in busy streets of Dubai.
I feel that the parking is difficult in closed place.
Yesterday, I went to third floor in a parking building as I could not find a place in ground floor. Every think went well in going up, but going down as difficult as the large rear wheel hit the street corners.

Otherwise, I enjoy driving the Raptor in the city more than my previous Chrysler 300c.

I feel that the traffic become more tolerable, and it's easy to go over it
The speed humps become like a trace.
NO ONE will bother you in driving lazy

Generally, driving is very good.

GabAlmighty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving in the city is no problem, just gotta keep an eye out for crack heads.

If I can perfectly parallel park my old 24v long box 6spd then a raptor is certainly suitable for the city.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20