ScanGauge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got my UltraGauge on order. Should receive it early next week and will report my impressions here.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've used an UltraGauge on my Land Rover Discovery 2 and my RX8 to keep an eye on temps and I swear by them. It has saved me lots and lots of grief.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I have used an MSD Dash Hawk for years, but they are out of production. It has a lot of customization options.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In anticipation of receiving my UltraGauge today, I've been reading the manual. There is an easy set-up procedure you have to do if the vehicle shuts down the fuel injectors when decelerating. Does the Raptor do this?

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Received the UltraGauge in yesterday's mail. (Ordered Thursday, received Monday.) Printed out the manual (it's on the company's web site and is not shipped with the unit), and read it. Instructions seem sketchy when you read them, but are quite adequate as you use them to configure the unit.

There is a procedure that you go through to get the $9.00 rebate that is pretty obnoxious. The unit will produce a string of alpha-numeric codes, and you have to copy them down, and then type them in without error to a form on the company's web site. Then you print out that form and sign it, print out the company's 2 page Safety And Disclosure form and initial and sign it, scan those two documents along with the packing slip that came with the unit, and then e-mail the lot to the company. Seven weeks later you presumably receive a rebate check for $9. I think this is a data gathering tool for the company, as you must identify your vehicle by make, model, year, engine, transmission, and date of manufacture.

Configuring the unit to show the gauge readouts you want the way you want them (there are umpteen gauges and you can configure the unit to show them on any of 8 pages that the unit displays) takes a little time and patience, but it's pretty much a one-time deal. Once you've got it the way you want it, you're done. I'm not quite done with that, so I'll wait to provide user impressions until I've got it all set up and have driven it.

Still don't know if the Raptor shuts down the injectors upon deceleration to save gas. If anyone knows the answer to that question, please post here. I seem to recall reading something like that in the ad hype, but that was several years ago. Thanks!

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
On a related note I am disappointed with factory "Gauge Mode" that only shows the trans temp. There was so much potential and space for more. Oil temp? Actual tire pressure on each tire? Why just one redundant temp?

I have a OBDII reader for my iPhone. Not as user friendly as Torque on a Android so I am going to test that out on my son's old Android that we replaced for him for Christmas.

Does the Scangauge display oil temps?

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, you've had it for 20 minutes. Give us an evaluation.

So far it performs as advertised.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Does the Scangauge display oil temps?

I didn't buy a ScanGauge. I don't what it displays, but I bet a visit to the web site will answer your question. If you meant to ask what the UltraGauge displays, the list is so long that I'd advise you to visit that web site. Both the ScanGauge an the UltraGauge obtain their data from the OBD II port, and the OBD II port can only provide what the vehicle manufacturer programmed it to provide.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here ya go. I have Instantaneous MPG, Engine Torque, Engine Horsepower, % Engine Load, Engine Coolant Temp, and ECM Battery Voltage displayed on the first screen.

Attachments

• UltraGauge.jpg
    UltraGauge.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 82