SCab vs. SCrew backseat comparisons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I noticed that many people seem to be on the fence about whether to go with either the SCab or the SCrew based on the back seat space, including me.

What im thinking is have a few people volunteer to take some pics, and it would be great if the volunteers are around 6' to give a general reference of size.

What we need: 1 pic each, of both SCab and SCrew for each pic description below. Also front seats should be set all the way back.

1: exterior shot with both doors open, showing just the back seat area.

2: same shot as above, but with a 6' or so person sitting in back seat.

3: exterior shot with both doors open, showing just the back seat, with seats folded up.

Remember to keep the front seats all the way back, so we can see the minimum space available.

If something like this has been done already, please disregard all this and maybe put a link to where we can find it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could have done this a while ago with my old truck, but it's gone now. I don't know anyone with a Supercab over here in this area. Maybe in the later part of December I can get this done.

OP
OP
HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Well im not saying it has to be all one person, it could be one with a SCab and one with a SCrew.

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered the scab because 99% of the time its just me and/ or one other. The dogs will not ride in the truck and the 4 door just doesn't look as sporty. The screw looks too much like a work truck.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will say this. I test drove a Scab and saw the room and noticed it was only slightly smaller than my Chevy Crew. I was planning on getting a Scab and saving the 3 grand until 2 things.
1. Once you get in a Screw.... holy crap it is HUGE! If you don't get the high powered stereo there is and 15 sqft of flat storage space. My 9 month pregnant wife sat in the back completely comfortable. If you want to get one out in person, any F150 Screw will be the same layout.
2. The missing B-Pillar really makes the cab and doors feel loose, like there is less lateral stability in the cab. It really gave the impression of poor quality, though you really can't expect too much more based on the design

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say this. I test drove a Scab and saw the room and noticed it was only slightly smaller than my Chevy Crew. I was planning on getting a Scab and saving the 3 grand until 2 things.
1. Once you get in a Screw.... holy crap it is HUGE! If you don't get the high powered stereo there is and 15 sqft of flat storage space. My 9 month pregnant wife sat in the back completely comfortable. If you want to get one out in person, any F150 Screw will be the same layout.
2. The missing B-Pillar really makes the cab and doors feel loose, like there is less lateral stability in the cab. It really gave the impression of poor quality, though you really can't expect too much more based on the design

I completely disagree with your last statement. Nothing about this truck feels cheap other than the "pleather" seats.

I got the Scab because I have one small child, I am 5'10" and I fit in the back with the front seat all the way back rather comfortably. The bed holds all of my stuff and its secure and dry now with the Bakflip cover. Lastly, it fits in my garage without having to completely restructure the garage layout.

The Screw looks too much like a normal F-150 and the extra length doesn't help it off road. The Scab looks more like an actual trophy truck and is less of a hassle to drive and park on a daily basis.

Tejas

OP
OP
HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Thank you guys for all your input, everybody has good points about both models.

As for me im already pretty much set on a SCrew, as it will be my daily driver, and I need the extra space and towing capacity for work, and play toys. I have just an extended cab now, and while 90% of the time it's just me, when I have anybody other than my wife, its a real pain for everybody in the back.

But I have not ruled out the SCab just yet.

That's one reason why I asked for these picture references, even tho I've sat in both models, it will give me something to look at everyday. Not mention people who may not have close access to a dealership and/or want to deal with dealerships.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
You want the front seats all the way back, but if your 6', with the seat all the way back you won't reach the steering wheel or pedals. In my position for driving, I'm 6', I can sit in the back and my knees don't touch the seat.

OP
OP
HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
whtrapta said:
You want the front seats all the way back, but if your 6', with the seat all the way back you won't reach the steering wheel or pedals. In my position for driving, I'm 6', I can sit in the back and my knees don't touch the seat.

Yea I know, I just want that as a reference for the 'minimum' amount of rear seat space.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
one hiccup in that comparison, the seat may be slid all the way back, but the seat back depending on the angle if you sit up like grandma, or you lay back like a gangsta, will vary the rear seat leg room as well.

I went with the supercrew. On the HD trucks I've always been a fan of the 2000 as it was the only year for extended cab and I thought it looked sportier than the supercrews. But also an added benefit is the 00 extended cab HD came with a 6.5' bed vs. the 5.5' bed of the screw, and the screw's had rear buckets, so in a crunch I could fit 5 people in my extended cab, but you can only fit 4 in a supercrew. And the extended cab rear seats flip up leaving more cargo space, where the screw seat backs flipped down instead, wasting a lot of space, and the toilet looking console took up a ton of space. So my smaller cab truck had sportier looks, could carry more people, had more interior space for cargo, and had a bigger bed, for an overall identical length truck.

For the Raptor, while you'd think I'd be steering the same route, since the raptor screw also has a rear bench, and the seat bottom flips up, it actually has the perks a supercrew should have unlike the HD screws. And since bed size is a moot point both coming with the 5.5' bed, the added towing capacity of the screw was the biggest bonus for me since I tow my race truck. And while I rarely have rear passengers, it'll be nice to have the extra leg room for when I do need to carry more people they can at least be comfortable and not as crammed. AND I won't need to get anything bigger down the road to be more family friendly, since the screw is friggin gigantic inside.

The best comparison I can come up with for the new truck cab configurations.....

Extended Cab Rear Seats: it's like coach seating on an airplane, roomy enough, but you're not looking forward to having to sit back there, especially if there's a fat dude next to you lol

Super Crew Rear Seats: It's like 1st class seating on an international flight, so roomy you're excited to sit back, relax, and stretch out lol.

Last edited: