Rusting Raptor Rocker panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got enough of the parts on order for 10 kits, so if there is enough interest, I'll offer those initially in order to see how the price point works out. Once that is sorted out, I will hopefully be able to offer the kits in the For Sale section of the forum. The goal is to help other Raptor owners avoid the dreaded "rocker rot" with all of the parts they need in a single, reasonably priced kit.

All the best,
Dave

I would be interested as well

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 61247
View attachment 61248
View attachment 61249
View attachment 61251

These pictures show how many holes there are to plug. When I removed the factory sealing tape, I stuck it onto the bottom of the sill to show how many salt/water entry points there are if you don't keep checking and replacing the tape all of the time.

View attachment 61252
View attachment 61253

There are also some similar holes in the front floor pan. I plan to include plugs for these too.
View attachment 61254
View attachment 61255

Correctly sized plugs for the square holes have been a bit hard to find, but I've got several samples that I'm evaluating. If I find a good fit, I'll include those in the kit too. There is one of these oddball square holes just behind the front running board mounting bracket on each side (picture below), and one in the floor pan on each side (picture above).
View attachment 61256

All the best,
Dave
The thought of salt sitting in all those nooks and crannies has cause my soul to die a little bit.....

Help out the family's that these heroes left behind fighting for YOUR Freedom.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=840845
Donate now!

Yukon Joe
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions
www.runraptorrun.com

dhollist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final selection of the last few plugs (for the holes shown below) is underway, having talked to several potential suppliers today.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425321255.117738.jpg

I will contact the first ten people who indicated interest in buying a kit via PM, then start making kits for everyone else after a short debug/trial to make sure the parts count, instructions, etc. are all correct.

If those ten people could provide me with feedback via PM, I would be grateful to hear about their experience with installation (generally an easy snap-in once any remaining tape is removed) and quantities of each part, especially on the SuperCab body style.

All the best,
Dave

Last edited:

dhollist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a supercab do you need any pics or anything?

If you are willing to send pictures of everything from front to rear of the inner rocker panel, that would be great. It would save me from crawling around under somebody else's truck in the salty parking lot at the local mall. LOL

All the best,
Dave

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be interested as well once you've figured everything out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk