Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those with 2010 raptors( I only say that because it's the oldest one to see) do you have any rust areas? If so where.? If other years with rust , where are you getting it?

I ask because I just came back yesterday from about 6 Miles of thick clay wet mud on a washed out road. I could barley Open my door from the thick mud stacked up on the side steps, and the truck was insanely hard to clean , I must have had a few hundred pounds on the undercarriage. It was everywhere. $42 dollars in quarters at the car wash later I had it mostly clean. Today I crawled under the truck and inspected , there was wet Adobe stlye mud in all the body crevasses where I couldn't get the sprayer head, still very wet and thick, it would never come out if I didn't get in there and pull it out by the handfull. I have never seen a truck that was so open underneath as far as protection

Go look under the back quarter panel by the bumper, look up high in the corners if you've ever been in real sticky mud, your in for a shock. This stuff would sit there on the metal in all the joints and trap moisture. Not good!

on my f350 the wheel wells do a much better job of keeping the muck where it belongs.

I know it's supposed to be a sand truck, and that's what it was designed for but sakes alive!

I'm a bit OCD when it comes to this truck though, and I know that.
I did notice while I was under the truck , my initial application of the Amsoil HD metal protection spray I put on has done a great job I keeping things looking good. Once I get allen the mud out of the crevasse and it drys out , I'm going to spray that stuff everywhere I can reach on the body joints and in all the places where moisture might get trapped.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Know what you are saying. I've been in mud a few times and I hate the cleanup. You got off easy if it was only $42 at the car wash, I am usually at $60+ and I end up being just as muddy since having to lay on my back. I think the biggest area of concern is where the rockers are, they only have tape over those holes.

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Know what you are saying. I've been in mud a few times and I hate the cleanup. You got off easy if it was only $42 at the car wash, I am usually at $60+ and I end up being just as muddy since having to lay on my back. I think the biggest area of concern is where the rockers are, they only have tape over those holes.

Yep, I was covered from the sprayback , needed some protective glasses too! it was almost 60 minutes of constant spraying,

I've seen all the "tape" squares they put on the body panels, none of them stick right, they will all leak or eventually come off . I've thought about putting speed tape( metal tape) over the holes but I'm not sure if that's a good idea, I don't know if it's suppose to be sealed like that or if they want some air circulation

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This method is more effective and you have time to do other things and eat less mud.
946020_10151965574336565_983253396_n.jpg

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This method is more effective and you have time to do other things and eat less mud.
946020_10151965574336565_983253396_n.jpg

This concrete like mud would have laughed at a low pressure sprinkler. It giggled at the high pressure washer and spit it back at me!

But I like the idea when facing a lesser foe!

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This concrete like mud would have laughed at a low pressure sprinkler. It giggled at the high pressure washer and spit it back at me!

But I like the idea when facing a lesser foe!

I have pretty high water pressure here, and its not all about pressure.... I've found that the more water you dump on the mud the easier it is for it to come off. Trust me, I've had several types of clay on my truck. I also let it bake for a couple weeks before using this method. It works.