Rubbing/Friction Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scanned through the threads but couldn't find anything specific enough to lead me to a conclusion... If I have method NV's on my stock BFG's, sitting at mid perch level, will I rub? I also have mud flaps on my front wheel wells if that makes any difference.

Reason for my concern is my upper arms broke a while back and they made a similar kind of rubbing feeling over awkward angles when the truck flexes its front suspension... They're replaced now and i haven't been hard on it since then so I figure I can rule that out. Just wondering if rubbing is normal with flaps, stock 35's and methods?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or check your plastic inner fender liners for rubbing. Another thing to check is your brake lines , if they came loose from having recent work on your suspension. Get under the truck and look, lots of room to crawl around :)

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I will check them out. Definitely not the fenders but I'll re check the brakes just to be sure. Just replaced them so they should be good.

I just know there's like an inch when the wheels are turned between the fender/mudflap and tire and I didn't know if that was the culprit making the rubbing. I'm thinking it is

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck is on top perch with the nv wheels. Mine will rub the flaps at certain angles, backing and turning or even turning into a steep off camber driveway. I have had 3 different sets of tires all 35s, all did the same thing. it's the backspace of the wheels that does it. Stock wheels never rubbed at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay great news. Thanks for the help as always guys- yall are lifesavers.

Beemerman- do you like top perch? Been contemplating moving up from mid...