RPG lead times?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ray101381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone else's experiences were with getting RPG stuff. I ordered a stage 3 kit on 12/14, didn't get the stage 2 portion till jan 4, and the stage 3 portion(national springs) until jan 17. I also ordered tie rods, UCA's, and PSR through TMX on Jan 2, contacted RPG and jarrett told me they got the order on the 4th and everything was scheduled to ship on the 9th, just received the tie rods today and they actucally didn't ship till the 15th. Still no UCA's or PSR though. Great guys at RPG and great products just wish they made the lead times clear and better ship time estimates. anyone else have any experience?

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
their lead times.....forever....they're good guys and make great products that they test to make sure that they are good products...and that's the problem...they are always out in the desert testing their products!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have to realize they're still a growing business and a lot of there stuff is made somewhere else and national spring are in San Diego so to save shipping from them to RPG Jarrett makes a trip down there once a week I think
Depending on orders. It may take a little longer to get things but it's worth it.

And Jarrett does get a little absent minded like the rest of us and forgets things so just keep reminding him the squeaky wheel gets the oil haha

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ray,

I'm really sorry your ship times have taken longer than expected. Without disclosing sales figures, the dirtcember sales event was nuts and crushed our wildest projections. Just like RPG, National is a very small company that is trying there best to keep up. A long time ago we could have made the decision with National to use a generic pre bent off the shelf spring to make them faster. However, we both agreed not to sacrifice quality over quantity. Each individual spring takes several hours to form and is built by hand.

We are also working on a way to get our Leed times down with a 3rd party consultant. Please understand, we are a company with 3 employees, and I'm included in that number. We are going to expand and do our best to improve on all levels. I personally had to leave the Snoball 1 day early to get back to the shop to make sure all off the orders are up to speed.

I really appreciate the constructive criticism
and will do everything I can to learn from it. Many of you have my personal cell number and I beg you all to please leave a voicemail and email. Unfortunately some of you have had the headache of listening to my two screaming kids in the back seat of the truck when I take sales calls and nearly everybody has been great about the long Leed times from the dirtcember event. The good news is we are getting caught up and back on track.

I personally appoligize for any long delays and will do my hardest to make it up to each of you.

OP
OP
ray101381

ray101381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jarrett, you guys are a class act, and i will continue to support you guys, high quality products at least they look good on my sitting room floor:) can't wait to see how they perform, glad to you see you guys being successful hopefully we'll see some great new products. thanks for being forthcoming and honest.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ray,

I'm really sorry your ship times have taken longer than expected. Without disclosing sales figures, the dirtcember sales event was nuts and crushed our wildest projections. Just like RPG, National is a very small company that is trying there best to keep up. A long time ago we could have made the decision with National to use a generic pre bent off the shelf spring to make them faster. However, we both agreed not to sacrifice quality over quantity. Each individual spring takes several hours to form and is built by hand.

We are also working on a way to get our Leed times down with a 3rd party consultant. Please understand, we are a company with 3 employees, and I'm included in that number. We are going to expand and do our best to improve on all levels. I personally had to leave the Snoball 1 day early to get back to the shop to make sure all off the orders are up to speed.

I really appreciate the constructive criticism
and will do everything I can to learn from it. Many of you have my personal cell number and I beg you all to please leave a voicemail and email. Unfortunately some of you have had the headache of listening to my two screaming kids in the back seat of the truck when I take sales calls and nearly everybody has been great about the long Leed times from the dirtcember event. The good news is we are getting caught up and back on track.

I personally appoligize for any long delays and will do my hardest to make it up to each of you.
If that isn't a damn honest response, then I've never heard one! Great business practice RPG and well said.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RPG,

Feel free to take your time with his orders. That way by the time i get a ride in his truck i will have the chance to save more moneys.

;)

sharpertouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill vouch for RPG. Jarrett is a really awesome guy who takes pride in his product. has always answered or soon responeded to my calls or txts. took time to answer any questions and concerns i had in detail. ordered a stage three and front and rear bumpers with winch mount. ordered on 11/30/2012. recieved the stage three promply (about two weeks) but still waiting on the bumpers and winch mount (almost two months). Lead time not so good with that. but theyll totally be worth the wait from what ive seen! now just to keep avoiding getting pulled over for not having a front bumper on...

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah im waiting to see what they come up with for a front winch mount solution, you going raceline or pre-runner?

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice response RPG team. Biggest thing would be trying to keep everyone up to date on shipping dates and if something changes, notifying the customers as quickly as possible.