Roush water pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MontanaSkiRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for anybody who has a Roush super charger, do any of you hear/notice that the auxiliary water pump that sits down by the front radiator going to the intercooler will start up and run if you just happen to open one of your doors for a bit without starting it up? Like it thinks your'e going for a drive maybe and is preparing itself for a romp. I know it will run after driving for a bit like it's meant to keep coolant cycling through to cool it down. Just happened to notice this when I was cleaning it out sometimes and finally figured out what the noise was.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not Roushed, and the circulator pumps are different models but same principal.
This is a primary pump for circulating coolant between the intercooler (sits under the blower) and heat exchanger (in front of the radiator).
This is different than your engine coolant system.

It should be hooked up so when you turn the key to on it will start pumping, or when you remote start it, it will turn on before the engine starts.
And will stay on till you turn the key off.
This is the way it does it on Whipples.

Last edited: