Roush Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is it a full ford warranty and can it be extended with the esp's?

If so, that would be the only thing good about it with the cost. Whipple has a warranty but it doesn't cover near what it would cost for a full replacement should it happen

Their is no Ford warranty for any and I mean any Supercharged Raptor.

Both Whipple and Roush have supplemental powertrain warranties.

And having them installed by a authorized installer will not void your Ford warranty except the powertrain part.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand the Roush Raptor. I mean, the trucks already limited by axel and tires to 100mph. So it's about how fast you get to 100? Not sure that what a Raptor is about. And it's already an expensive truck. So what's another $20K?

A lot.

Not worth it IMO, but to each his own. Whoever owns one, congrats and I am sure you're enjoying it a lot. Drive safe.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the quickness and the raw power. I really like to be able to put my foot in it at 80 and feel it kick me in the seat. I really like to have as much power as I want, whenever I need it, in any situation.

Besides that, it's just flat cool.

Gilligan

Reaction score
I wouldn't kick a well priced roush supercharger out of bed, but the whole roush package--meh.

Problem with the Roush warranty is that the factory tune SUCKS so if you want the full potential forget the warranty and call SVC.

Hawkeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still like mine! Drive a stock one, then drive a Roush, then tell me what you think.

triggerfish

Reaction score
I don't understand the Roush Raptor. I mean, the trucks already limited by axel and tires to 100mph. So it's about how fast you get to 100? Not sure that what a Raptor is about. And it's already an expensive truck. So what's another $20K?

A lot.

Not worth it IMO, but to each his own. Whoever owns one, congrats and I am sure you're enjoying it a lot. Drive safe.

As a Roush owner, I'll chime in. It's 590HP/590TQ vs the stock 410HP. Anytime you add Horsepower to an already awesome vehicle, it makes it that much better. The power on tap comes on much stronger everywhere, off road, on launch, mid-cruise, and it's AWESOME. Superchargers for me have always about adding acceleration power, and there's a lot of that between 0 to 110MPH. Chances are most people wouldn't use the power above 110MPH in any vehicle unless they were on a racetrack or driving recklessly. I personally could care less about top speed in a Raptor.

As far as price, the package was $13K, but I was able to get my Ford dealer to deal on the Roush package, while everyone was asking full MSRP on a non-Roush. In the end, the Roush package was cheaper than me buying a Raptor and adding a Supercharger myself, and I got a warranty.

I will admit, the SC is not for everyone, but I have met more Raptor owners that WANT a supercharger than not! :)

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and I paid $9900 dollars for my Roush package installed. Had to do a little dancing to get it, and I still think that they charged too much for installation, but it was a decent value, and came with a warranty, even if it isn't a Ford Warranty.

Jag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering the Roush package (or something) and studying up on it. It seems to be the most complete and tested solution and seems to be as bullet proof as something from the factory. I've heard some issues about dealing with Roush themselves, however.

Are there any good threads on here showing the pros/cons between the different routes (Roush vs. wipple vs. turbos) to more HP and reliability/warranty coverage? [I'm still pretty new to the forum and having had months of time reading through and searching for things, yet]

I'm a power fiend and I don't rely on it as a daily driver. However, when I do need to drive it I need it to be available and not down for a repair (planned upgrade times not withstanding).