Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]

Roush Raptors

This is a discussion on Roush Raptors within the Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by bakkbakk I didn't cuz readings fer faggots. Theres a few of these guys in here suckin me ...

User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 09:18 PM   #11 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 394 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by bakkbakk View Post
I didn't cuz readings fer faggots.

Theres a few of these guys in here suckin me into threads.
Well stop throwing your dick around......

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR 14'/15'/16'/17' | Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16'/17' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

Originally Posted by bakkbakk View Post
is it a full ford warranty and can it be extended with the esp's?

If so, that would be the only thing good about it with the cost. Whipple has a warranty but it doesn't cover near what it would cost for a full replacement should it happen
Their is no Ford warranty for any and I mean any Supercharged Raptor.

Both Whipple and Roush have supplemental powertrain warranties.

And having them installed by a authorized installer will not void your Ford warranty except the powertrain part.

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,
Future Installs: Brembo Brakes 15" Gran Turismo
MTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

I don't understand the Roush Raptor. I mean, the trucks already limited by axel and tires to 100mph. So it's about how fast you get to 100? Not sure that what a Raptor is about. And it's already an expensive truck. So what's another $20K?

A lot.

Not worth it IMO, but to each his own. Whoever owns one, congrats and I am sure you're enjoying it a lot. Drive safe.

(SOLD)2013 Ford SVT Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black * Roush CAI * Borla ProXS 40349 exhaust with Ford Racing tail pipes and resonator delete * Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 315/70R17 tires * AMP Research Power Steps * The Tune v1 by SVC
ZBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 394 Post(s)

2014 limiter is 110 mph, more the reason. Haha

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR 14'/15'/16'/17' | Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16'/17' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I like the quickness and the raw power. I really like to be able to put my foot in it at 80 and feel it kick me in the seat. I really like to have as much power as I want, whenever I need it, in any situation.

Besides that, it's just flat cool.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:58 PM   #16 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I wouldn't kick a well priced roush supercharger out of bed, but the whole roush package--meh.

Problem with the Roush warranty is that the factory tune SUCKS so if you want the full potential forget the warranty and call SVC.
Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I still like mine! Drive a stock one, then drive a Roush, then tell me what you think.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by ZBoater View Post
I don't understand the Roush Raptor. I mean, the trucks already limited by axel and tires to 100mph. So it's about how fast you get to 100? Not sure that what a Raptor is about. And it's already an expensive truck. So what's another $20K?

A lot.

Not worth it IMO, but to each his own. Whoever owns one, congrats and I am sure you're enjoying it a lot. Drive safe.
As a Roush owner, I'll chime in. It's 590HP/590TQ vs the stock 410HP. Anytime you add Horsepower to an already awesome vehicle, it makes it that much better. The power on tap comes on much stronger everywhere, off road, on launch, mid-cruise, and it's AWESOME. Superchargers for me have always about adding acceleration power, and there's a lot of that between 0 to 110MPH. Chances are most people wouldn't use the power above 110MPH in any vehicle unless they were on a racetrack or driving recklessly. I personally could care less about top speed in a Raptor.

As far as price, the package was $13K, but I was able to get my Ford dealer to deal on the Roush package, while everyone was asking full MSRP on a non-Roush. In the end, the Roush package was cheaper than me buying a Raptor and adding a Supercharger myself, and I got a warranty.

I will admit, the SC is not for everyone, but I have met more Raptor owners that WANT a supercharger than not! :)
aalonso likes this.
triggerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Oh, and I paid $9900 dollars for my Roush package installed. Had to do a little dancing to get it, and I still think that they charged too much for installation, but it was a decent value, and came with a warranty, even if it isn't a Ford Warranty.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #20 (permalink)

Jag

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I'm seriously considering the Roush package (or something) and studying up on it. It seems to be the most complete and tested solution and seems to be as bullet proof as something from the factory. I've heard some issues about dealing with Roush themselves, however.

Are there any good threads on here showing the pros/cons between the different routes (Roush vs. wipple vs. turbos) to more HP and reliability/warranty coverage? [I'm still pretty new to the forum and having had months of time reading through and searching for things, yet]

I'm a power fiend and I don't rely on it as a daily driver. However, when I do need to drive it I need it to be available and not down for a repair (planned upgrade times not withstanding).

2014 RubyRed SE SCrew
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote