Rookie mistake...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Kill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So others can learn from my mistake and not repeat it. Seen a few comments about other having issues with CAIs with dust and water in the intake. Had the lid off my Volant CAI and it recently poured here, it had done this before with no issues. This time it made a sponge out of my Power Core Filter and it sucked a bunch of foam and water into the air intake. The heat extractor in the hood is right above the CAI box. It died right off the bat... Would turn over and then bog down.

The FIX... Removed all 16 spark plugs and cranked the started over without the plugs in to remove the water. Worked liked a charm and disaster averted. Hope this helps, leave your box sealed.

Sorry no pictures freaked out just a little when I saw the standing water in the CAI box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now you got me thinking, dangerous, but I have an Airraid, no cover obviously, and now that I look I see the potential for water ingestion...

So do I pull it off and run the stocker or is there some type of cover or ****** to put over the filter?

/paranoid

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
K and N first gen 3 years in hot humid wet florida. not a single issue except my neck hurts.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now you got me thinking, dangerous, but I have an Airraid, no cover obviously, and now that I look I see the potential for water ingestion...

So do I pull it off and run the stocker or is there some type of cover or ****** to put over the filter?

/paranoid

I've got an Airaid also. I don't understand what your concern is. When the hood is down, the box seals against the hood. No water going to run into the box. If you get water in it, you will have earned it.

twlhunter65

Reaction score
I've been running AIRAID for three years,I use the pre-filter and never had a problem. When you remove it, there is a small amount of dirt residue at the bottom of the box,just clean it and call it good. I also have driven the truck in hard downpours on the highway,no issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20