Roadtrip!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left today on a road trip from Thousand Oaks, ca, going to Benton Harbor, Mi., and returning in a few weeks. I've got a stock 2010 sc w/6.2.
So far today we've covered 580 miles and have averaged 14.7mpg at 80mph.
We climbed to 7300 feet in Flagstaff, Az, so the milage might improve in the flatter states.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool place... Too bad you wont be around there the 27th of July. Thats not far from the Sliver Lake Raptor Run...

OP
OP
Conejoracer

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I really wanted to make that dune trip, but I couldn't fit it in my schedule.
I see how rare Raptors can be, we have yet to see another Raptor today, back home I see a few almost every day.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
These trucks are awesome road trip machines. They just eat up the miles. It's like being able to drive somewhere in your lazy boy.

rook247

Reaction score
I used to own two different dodge megacabs and these things are nearly as roomy but probably more comfortable.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last July I went from San Diego to Iowa and then down to Missouri and back to San Diego. At night, I just found a place off the highway, scooted the front seats all the way forward, folded up the back seats, and slept on a little pad.

I got 16.1mpg going through CO thanks to the hills and elevation.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've driven mine from Michigan to Washington, DC and back a few times and then from Pensacola to Jacksonville. That was in the Supercab. In the Crew, I drove from Pensacola, FL to Michigan there and back and then all over the Southern Coastal States.

These things kick ass for road-trips.

OP
OP
Conejoracer

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, 2400 miles on this trip so far and averaging 15mpg @75-80mph.
The truck seems a bit faster out this way on 93 octane, we only have 91 on California. I've only seen 4 Raptors on the road since California, they appear to be rare out here.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Flaggstaff was cool when I went thru last year in April. Strange lil town for a Texas boy. Got, No joke, 19 coming out of Albuquerque with a 60 MPH tail wind. Ha
Enjoy the trip! Lots of scenery changes to see from where you start to where you end up.