Road Racing the Raptor @ Mid America Ford and Team Shelby Nationals in Tulsa, OK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GR8PMKN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's been a while since I've logged in here at SVT OffRoad. Been a busy month down south. Back in the middle of the month I took my Raptor to the 37th Annual Mid-America Ford and Team Shelby National in Tulsa Oklahoma (June 16th to the 19th). I recommend this show to any Ford NUT. I have been going for the past 16 years. They have two days of open track at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, one day of drag racing at Tulsa International and one day that is a car show. Being as its a mustang show mostly...no dirt events for the RAPTOR (That is Yet) you have to play by the mustang owners rules. A few of the forum members were there in attendance.

I towed my STEEDA mustang with the RAPTOR to the event and have been racing the STEEDA at Hallett for the past 5 years so why not race the RAPTOR on the road course also? Terrorize the mustang guys on track at Hallett with the RAPTOR what a great idea me and my 13 year old son thought. Eddie and Jamal from Ford SVT were at the event all weekend and could not believe we were Hot Lapping the truck for two days at Hallett and then we were drag racing Tulsa International. The 37" BFG MT2's are not the best choice for any track that's not covered in mud but it is a run what you brung environment and we were up to the challenge in the PMKN.

The RAPTOR did great at Hallett out on the course. Eddie from SVT told me to run it in sport mode with the traction control off out on the road course. So we did what a blast!! Kind of tore up the front tires from pushing it through the turns and twisties. Oh but the howl of the 37's on track make for big smiles from the drivers seat. After two days out on the road course we ran the RAPTOR at the drag races. Again after consulting with Eddie it was a run it in sport mode with the traction control turned off and also put it in 4x4 high for a added traction kind of day. Eddie said the best time they ever got with a test truck was 15.00-ish @ 98mph. Well we managed to run a 15.533 @ 93mph during the heat of the day 101 degrees.

Here are two videos one from the road course and one from the drags.

Road Running at Hallett
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxe2-e4-K_U

Drag Racing at Tulsa International
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ1N0r39auY

maringreg

Reaction score
Track time

wow dude! That is some fantastic video footage! What have you done to your truck so far? It's not stock, right?

OP
OP
GR8PMKN

GR8PMKN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow dude! That is some fantastic video footage! What have you done to your truck so far? It's not stock, right?

The truck is mostly stock tuning wise. It has a K&N drop in filter, 40 series flowmaster, TRUXX level kit & 37" BFG KM2's. There are a few other things but they don't affect the performance of the truck. I was surprised at how well it really handled out on the road course. It did push some but came out of the turns quite well. At the drags it hooked and went in 4x4 high. In 2x4 there was a little bit to much spring wrap to manage of the line. All in all it was a blast to run the truck out of the environment it was built for. Video was shot with my GoPro set on r4. On my youtube channel (TorchRedQ) there are some videos shot with it on the STEEDA mustang and at 105+ mph's down the straight at Hallett the video is stable and clear.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome videos. Road course run was excellent, seemed to handle really well considering the vehicles weight and factory setup. Very cool.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fantastic! Funny as hell to see a 6,000 pound 400HP offroad truck on 37" tires on a road course. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us :thumbsup:

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way cool-thanks for sharing. You and your Raptor held their own -not bad for big ole truck-on 37's no less.