Rent your equipped Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MetalNeck

MetalNeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To tell you the truth, I am not sure about his driving ability other than he owns a very high end classic auto restoration company. He is really into nice cars but that does not mean it translates to off road ability. I would drive in front of him during the expedition and call out hazards as well as work with him on some basics. Expedition X crew is really on top of making sure drivers are responsible and able to cross the finish line.

Agent_X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kinda price are we talking about, like the rest have asked... Let's say with the basic requirements?

OP
OP
MetalNeck

MetalNeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would really depend on how it was equipped. Lets say it has a full bed cage and maybe an SVC Podium package with 3.0 or better. Also with Nav, 2 way radios and spares, I would guess one could ask around 5K for the week delivered near the border. My old truck would have been perfect as it was fully caged etc. I would also make sure that the renter (in this case my friend) contacted his insurance company for full coverage for a week (I used to rent out film and audio equipment along with vehicles and this was very common) and possibly a refundable deposit of say 5k. that would cover incidentals such as a bent rim, replacement of an unrepairable tire, or scuffs beyond rubbing out. For a less equipped vehicle the price would have to be determined depending how equipped.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So many variables involved and will probably be tough for someone to rent out their primarily street driven truck for a rigorous off road caliber trip. I know there are plenty of arrive and drive race car programs out there but those are purpose built offroad cars.

Sounds to me like money isn't too much of an issue with said friend so why not buy a decently equipped raptor, try it out, and if it's not for him he can turn around and sell it for less of a loss than a $5k rental fee? Assuming he doesn't *** it up...

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would really depend on how it was equipped. Lets say it has a full bed cage and maybe an SVC Podium package with 3.0 or better. Also with Nav, 2 way radios and spares, I would guess one could ask around 5K for the week delivered near the border. My old truck would have been perfect as it was fully caged etc. I would also make sure that the renter (in this case my friend) contacted his insurance company for full coverage for a week (I used to rent out film and audio equipment along with vehicles and this was very common) and possibly a refundable deposit of say 5k. that would cover incidentals such as a bent rim, replacement of an unrepairable tire, or scuffs beyond rubbing out. For a less equipped vehicle the price would have to be determined depending how equipped.
5k ?? Really?? I was thinking more like $1500.00 per day, twice that for a podium packaged raptor, plus a 10k deposit, etc etc

OP
OP
MetalNeck

MetalNeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could work out for the right person. And he would probably not be interested in renting a street queen. It makes sense for one to pay for an experience of a higher end vehicle. He may be considering purchase of the new Gen 2 Raptor. Now what was brought up is that if one had a really decked out desert beauty, he may consider a rent to test-drive towards purchase but it would have to be a pretty set up truck.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if each one of us put in 2k to build a 100k race truck we would only need 50k people that'll work. my idea so I get 4% everyone else get's 2