Removing Spare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had problems removing the spare tire from underneath the truck?

I've tried using the tool in the jack but can't get it to fit in the socket. I'm on the verge of cutting the winch.

Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 12951

I removed mine just two days ago. The rod you put together slid into that plastic sleeve and just slightly turning it, it engaged. Was about the same when raising it to put it back. The square end goes in, not the hook side but then again I am not 100% sure what issues you are running into, sorry.

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's weird. I'm using the square side and see where it's supposed to engage but no luck. I'll try banging at it like it owes me money, somethings gotta give. I got the bolt cutters if I get too impatient. It's the little things...

D

Deleted member 12951

The first video was funnier though. Guess that guy didn't know that his ignition key would of worked. LOL.

To the OP, wonder if the mechanical gear is froze up. Maybe squirt some WD40 at it.

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can't "see" where its supposed to engage.

I hope you're trying to stick it through the hole near the license plate and not from under the truck....

connect all extensions and just slide it in gently and start turning. no hammering

Daweism

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SOOOOO... I got the tire to drop, but how do I get it off the wire?

Nevermind, just got it lol.

Last edited: