Removing gears from shift pattern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call me stupid if this is widely known but it's new to me.

In DRive hit your down shift button on gear shifter. The 6 will go away. Hit it again and the 5 goes away. You can do this all the way to just having first gear. It will not shift up past the highest shown gear. You can make your truck a 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. gear car.

Kind of cool feature I stumbled into.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use it when traffic is heavy in town, keep the truck from bogging by locking out the overdrive gears. I lock out 6 when the speed limit is under 50 and 5 when it's under 40.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I have just about worn the letters off mine at 55K. I shift almost 100% of the time with that feature. I love the fact that in that mode verses the manual mode, when down shifting, the computer blips the gas to match gears to engine speed. It does not blip the gas in manual mode. I love taking off from a light and letting off the gas, shift up, hit gas. It sounds like a standard shift. I have had many raptor admirers pull along side at a light and say they did not know the Raptor came in a standard shift model! HAhaaaaaa.

BDRAG