Remote Start stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I searched on a bunch of keywords to see if others are having issues with remote start but did not find the answer.

Mine stopped working with both keys. I follow the process I always have but instead of starting it just honks the horn. No start....

Anyone else have this issue and what is the fix?

Hey, folks!

It sounds like most of you with this issue are going to try to track down the cause yourselves, but keep in mind you can always visit the dealer if you run into any obstacles. If you need my help after your appointment, just say the word. :)

Crystal

JD 500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The slider/windows should not effect the remote start function. Now if the hood were open, or the hood pin mount was bent, then the horn would beep, and the truck would not start.

If the fod batteries were weak or not making good contact then the system would not work. There's a TSB for 2012's and 2013/14" s have a different gasket.

I thought it was strange too, but when hunting I run an cb antenna cable out through slider, and remote start wouldn't work (Just got horn honk). As soon as I pulled cable into cab and closed slider all the way, boom, remote start works again.

?

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, folks!

It sounds like most of you with this issue are going to try to track down the cause yourselves, but keep in mind you can always visit the dealer if you run into any obstacles. If you need my help after your appointment, just say the word. :)

Crystal

Thanks Crystal, though I think most of us are trying to figure out why sometimes it does not work. Mine does it once or twice a month, unless the stars line up, it would be impossible for the dealer to diagnose. :)

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought it was strange too, but when hunting I run an cb antenna cable out through slider, and remote start wouldn't work (Just got horn honk). As soon as I pulled cable into cab and closed slider all the way, boom, remote start works again.

?

Nope, but congratulations you got me to go out and try it. The slider/windows have nothing to do with the remote start.

JD 500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, but congratulations you got me to go out and try it. The slider/windows have nothing to do with the remote start.

? Seemed to fix it at the time. I haven't had an issue since either.
wonder what it was ?

OP
OP
F

florchak

Reaction score
Sorry so slow, have not been driving the truck.

Tried hood switch seems ok..

Engine light is on but throwing a O2 code. Battery is strong and 16F here.

Honks when I lock door then honks 1 time when I try to start.

Open and closed all windows and back window still nothing.

Any other ideas?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry so slow, have not been driving the truck.

Tried hood switch seems ok..

Engine light is on but throwing a O2 code. Battery is strong and 16F here.

Honks when I lock door then honks 1 time when I try to start.

Open and closed all windows and back window still nothing.

Any other ideas?

Its your engine light. It will not remote start with a CEL code

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yup, me too! The only way I could get it to not start with the beep was if I turned it off in drive and then moved to park. 100% failure rate on remote start. Windows/Rear Slider did not impact the remote start working.

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my truck back from the shop and found that my hood sensor wasnt connected. simply just put it back where it belonged and then remote start worked again. another thing to check, is making sure it is not bent. if it is then just bend it back and it should work.

hope this was helpful!

Attachments

• hood sensor.jpg
    hood sensor.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 140
  • hood sensor2.JPG
    hood sensor2.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 144