Remote Start stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I did a bit of research and the one thing that makes sense to me is if you turn your truck off while you are NOT in park, this happens. I am going to try it out when I get home (Friday) to validate. That might be what is happening to those of us that have the issue infrequently.

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone turn their truck off and not be in park? Its not manual so that makes no sense whatsoever. Besides mine doesn't always work either and I just chalk it up to being ****** remote starter.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, when I get home, I just do it on accident. I know I have done it a few times on accident, normally when I have stuff to grab.

NorhternILRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had similar issues with my remote start not working. I replaced the battery also and haven't noticed any better performance. I can be 10 to 20 yards away sometimes and it still will not work.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hood pin!!!

I recently had work done where they had to rip the dash apart, when I got it back the range of the remote start SUCKED. I disconnected the antenna, behind/above the dash, and checked that it was clean an properly connected. The range improved drastically.

Again, check the hood pin.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed that when the batteries in the fob where going I had a hard time getting remote start to work and sometimes it would just honk at me also. Mine is a 13 and have replaced key fob batteries once so far.

Same here, I had problems with it doing that and many of the problems went away with new batteries. It still does it every once in awhile though, and I have no explanation other than it's just angry. Mine's a 12.

JD 500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, make sure your back slider window is closed all the way. My remote start will not work if slider is open at all.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, make sure your back slider window is closed all the way. My remote start will not work if slider is open at all.

Huh, I wonder if the same things happens if a window is open a bit, which my wife tends to do ALL THE TIME.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The slider/windows should not effect the remote start function. Now if the hood were open, or the hood pin mount was bent, then the horn would beep, and the truck would not start.

If the fod batteries were weak or not making good contact then the system would not work. There's a TSB for 2012's and 2013/14" s have a different gasket.