Remote Start stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

florchak

Reaction score
I searched on a bunch of keywords to see if others are having issues with remote start but did not find the answer.

Mine stopped working with both keys. I follow the process I always have but instead of starting it just honks the horn. No start....

Anyone else have this issue and what is the fix?

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a thought for you check the hood pin switch over by the air box, I bent mine while working on the truck and it just honked at me. Bent it back and it was good again.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Just a thought for you check the hood pin switch over by the air box, I bent mine while working on the truck and it just honked at me. Bent it back and it was good again.

This, make sure the connection is strong on the wiring also.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long has it been doing it? I have this issue from time to time, but it always clears up when I start it. I probably have had it 5-10 times in the last 14 months.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Key battery bad locks would also be inop. I have noticed a decrease in range on my 2011 keys so I will be replacing key batteries.

OP did say it just honks so I think the batteries may be good. I replace key battieres after about 4 years in my cars.

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that when the batteries in the fob where going I had a hard time getting remote start to work and sometimes it would just honk at me also. Mine is a 13 and have replaced key fob batteries once so far.