Recovery straps and winch straps are not the same!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking, im going to grab a few soft shackles, found a video on hot to make them so maybe ill even make a few for fun.

Ill tell you this, if a vehicle is in a Dangerous situation where a break could cause a catastrophic crash/injury....im using a traditional steel shackle.

--John

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting to know. I wonder if Southeast are different. From what I understand, any rope loses its strength over time and if exposed to the elements. Using a soft shackle during snatch recoveries over time will weaken it and perhaps that is where they are going with that statement. I would rather have a soft shackle break than a steel one though.

Bubba rope sells soft shackles called Gator-Jaw and one rated up to 76,000lbs. They only sell kinetic ropes and recommend using the Gator-Jaw for recoveries including snatch ones. Perhaps why they cost more, who knows.
The gator jaw and the southeast overland traditional soft shackle are different.

I believe southeast overland doesn't recommend their use in a dynamic recovery is due to it coming apart when you give the snatch rope slack.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: