Recommended recovery strap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
starting to put together a trail kit and wonder what you guy are using/ recommend for a good all around recovery strap or straps if you have more than one. size,length and lb.

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an ASR custom 50' x 1-1/4" kinetic recovery. There about half the price of a bubba. The forum did a group buy a while back you could ask for the discount. You never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please use this forum's search function (above). There are numerous existing threads talking about this issue including safety issues, selection of "tow straps" and as well as some heated debates about the "necessity" of spending a fortune on them. :winner_third_h4h:

Banned
Reaction score
I've got a recovery rope, the bubba rope.

And a tow strap, for straight pulls. 4"x30'

Keep in mind, with kinetic ropes like the bubba, you don't want to go overboard with its weight rating. If you get a rope rated at 80,000 lbs, it won't work properly on a vehicle that weighs under 10,000 lbs. it won't stretch enough to work properly.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got a recovery rope, the bubba rope.

And a tow strap, for straight pulls. 4"x30'

Keep in mind, with kinetic ropes like the bubba, you don't want to go overboard with its weight rating. If you get a rope rated at 80,000 lbs, it won't work properly on a vehicle that weighs under 10,000 lbs. it won't stretch enough to work properly.
Wisdom out of the mouth of babes...I:patriot:You

OP
OP
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please use this forum's search function (above). There are numerous existing threads talking about this issue including safety issues, selection of "tow straps" and as well as some heated debates about the "necessity" of spending a fortune on them. :winner_third_h4h:

i did use the search and have read some of those threads.i have narrowed down my choices thanks to those treads. it just nice to get a fresh perspective on the recovery ropes that people have and had a chance to use to see what they recommend and like/don't like.

Banned
Reaction score
i did use the search and have read some of those threads.i have narrowed down my choices thanks to those treads. it just nice to get a fresh perspective on the recovery ropes that people have and had a chance to use to see what they recommend and like/don't like.

Don't worry about him, hes one of the many search ****'s in the world of forums.

DID YOU DO A SEARCH?!?! :rage: