The reasons why I can't justify buying a Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So OP is basically FOS. Stock for stock the G2 will eat a G1 alive at just about any task. A modded anything will pretty much beat anything if done correctly, so no news flash there.

I guess you missed the part where it now has its own frame which was already improved in the stock F150. Your mods going to improve the frame in your G1?

So it boils down to the sound and you can't afford one. #interesting

9023a75bf59a5be42693ecf84cb0f611.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BAD454SS

Banned
Reaction score
Finally seen a GEN 2 in person. almost missed it because it blends in so well with other lifted F150s. It pulled up as I was walking to my truck owner got out ,was on phone so i didn't want to interrupt him. Figured he was'nt too bright, he had a American flag front license plate over the intercooler duct, blocking air flow.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can afford a Power Wagon then you can afford a Gen 2 Raptor.

If you want to get your big boy pannies in a big *** then youtube a tug of war between a power wagon and a Raptor and watch as the Power Wagon pulls the Raptor around like it was nothing. Two different trucks doing two different things. The Gen 2 Raptor is not an improvement except on the street, and that is where most owners will keep them.

They are not a mans truck but rather a 10 speed twin turbo tuner truck similar in nature to the Lightning but with oversized tires on it. It has a nice package no doubt but it under delivers in so many areas where it counts.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 2 owners biggest insult "Because you can't afford it and your insecure". I'll be the first to say I can't afford it because I'm 21 going to school

I have ******* hairs older than you. Stay in school, read more post less. You don't know, what you don't know.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man this gen vs gen shit is getting old. They're different trucks with the same name. Until the new version comes with an option for an in-seat *****, I say who cares? Like what you drive and don't worry about the other guy or what he thinks. Neither is a trophy truck anyway, just a big boy toy with a price tag to match.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Finally seen a GEN 2 in person. almost missed it because it blends in so well with other lifted F150s. It pulled up as I was walking to my truck owner got out ,was on phone so i didn't want to interrupt him. Figured he was'nt too bright, he had a American flag front license plate over the intercooler duct, blocking air flow.

You do realize Ford moved the license plate back to the center of the bumper on ecoboost engines so that it impeded air flow to the intercooler right? This was another attempt to keep the intercooler from building up condensate. Still doesn't prevent that and thus why there are still ecoboost misfires and hydrolocked ecoboost engines.