Rear Sliding Window Rattling/Vibrating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt_ivan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody else dealt with a rear sliding window rattling annoyingly? It seems to be vibrating on its glider and more than likely it's due to cab resonance from my exhaust dump. If so, what was your solution? It is driving me nuts and I no longer have warranty so that is not an option. haha

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't rattle, but I have read up that some people had issues with their rear slider window. One of the issues I've read was it would just stop working out of nowhere. I do also remember there was one guy who had the rear defrost on and it shattered the window. With his experience and his opinion, I've disabled the rear defrost on the remote start and never used it. If I were you (I haven't checked if the slider rails are accessible), but I'm assuming they should be, spray some silicone along the track and clean it out. Check to see if it came out of the groove as well.

-J

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't rattle, but I have read up that some people had issues with their rear slider window. One of the issues I've read was it would just stop working out of nowhere. I do also remember there was one guy who had the rear defrost on and it shattered the window. With his experience and his opinion, I've disabled the rear defrost on the remote start and never used it. If I were you (I haven't checked if the slider rails are accessible), but I'm assuming they should be, spray some silicone along the track and clean it out. Check to see if it came out of the groove as well.

-J

I think the shattering is pretty consistent with what happens to SUVs all the time during the winter.

My only issue with the rear window is the occasional squeak as it moves across the track. I have already tried silicone spray and it hasn't helped it at all. the window doesn't struggle, but I'm sure the added resistance isn't' helping.