Rear Seat AC vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shortbusdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I recently broke one of my rear seat air vents and need to replace it. Apparently the front vents just pull out to be replaced but the rear vent replacement that I ordered has bolt tabs on it so it can't just be pulled out.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...9MjAxMyZ0PXN2dC1yYXB0b3ImZT02LTJsLXY4LWdhcw==

I searched on this forum, the regular ford-trucks forum, google, and YouTube and apparently I am the first person to ever break one of these because there is no discussions on it and no YouTube video (which I've never found a problem that didn't have a video!) on how to replace it.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get to the vents to replace them. I need to get to the back side of the vents some how, to undo the bolts or screws. I'm really hoping I don't have to take the entire console out just to get to them but I don't know.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Marc

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would guess you have to take the center console out. It’s not that difficult. There are videos and pictures of how to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dont have to take the entire console out, but you need to remove the armrest, and the top trim. Under there you will find it's two top retaining bolts. The bottom IIRC is just held by retaining clips.... Having said all that - you find it a lot easier if you just remove the console as a unit and do it on the bench - it looks like a big job but it takes me under 5 minutes. There are some youtube vids on how to do it

OP
OP
Shortbusdriver

Shortbusdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea looking at all the diagrams it just looks like that is the way to go, now I just need to wait for it to cool off in Phoenix a bit then Ill pull it all out.

Thanks for the info.