Rear End Whine @28K Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my 2014 Raptor back from the dealer for the subject. The noise suddenly appeared as I approached 29K and I thought it was just tire noise, as I get that weird wear on the fronts that allegedly, is common to the Raptors according to FORD. But after driving in the latest snow covered roads and off road, the noise was always there. So, I took it to the dealer for the very first time since new for diagnosis. On the way to the dealer, it suddenly came out of gear cruising at 70mph and the yellow wrench came on for about 15 seconds and went away on its own. There was a slight repeat about a minute later to a lesser extent and the rest of the 45 min drive was fine.
The dealer said they found that they needed to replace the shift solenoid after which they would address the whine. As expected, they said that they will be replacing the pinion bearing. I picked it up today and everything seems to be fixed. The paperwork said they replaced all bearings in the differential, everything covered under the Powertrain Warranty. Just thought I would add this for anyone trying to research similar issues. Still under 30K miles after arriving home from the dealer.

R,
HAP

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it was in the back of my mind. I was prepared to present what others here on this forum have experienced to show how common the problem is.

R,
HAP

That's cool. Was sort of expecting them to reject any warranty due to the Roush.