Rear diff not locking up after fluid change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my Raptor off road for the first time since having the rear diff fluid change and when I engaged it in reverse the rear wheel locks would not engage and it made a weird sound for a few seconds. I actually got stuck in mud something funny for a Raptor but the rear diff would not lock up. It finally did after I turned the truck off, engaged the 4 wheel drive system and put it into low. It never kicked a malfunctioning light nor 4 wheel drive flashing light.

I have tested several times since then and it engages and engages with ease now but it was weird for the first few seconds of putting it into reverse and only having one wheel spin on my Raptor. I wonder, the truck has sat for a month since the change but could it have been cold rear diff fluid or not having been locked up since the fluid swap. I am sure they used the Ford rear diff fluid.