Rear defroster not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is the info i have for the defrost. it seems that they are all on the same circuit. if you have a meter, you can check current.

rear defrost
Color:brown/blue
Polarity:- latched

mirror defroster: same as rear defrost

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going to dealer to fix rear window defrost not working on Tue. Funny thing is my mirrors are working but not the window or the light on the switch. I will let you know but I think my problem may be in the rear slider connection.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine stopped working about a year ago. I brought it to the dealer, they traced it to a short in the rear window defrost grid. They ordered me a new OEM window and had a local glass company install it.

It was still covered under my original warranty but, the way I look at it, this repair justified my premium care extended warranty purchase.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only moving part in the system is the sliding glass panel, and when open the system doesn't operate. So, my guess is that the contacts between that panel and the rest of the grid are either dirty, worn out, or they're just not making good contact. Bottom line is, it's covered and my dealership decided that it just wasn't worth the time to mess with it and had the window replaced at Fords expense.

svtippy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine also stopped working about 2 months ago i havent taken it in yet to the dealer but my dash light doesnt light up either