GEN 1 Which Rear bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91stangy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a post on this a while back but can’t seem to find it again. Looking to squeeze the raptor into the garage for the winter but recently got new doors which were much thicker. Now the truck doesn’t fit due to length.

I remember reading some post mentioning a bumper that cuts down on the stick out which may give me enough room. Does anyone know which bumper that is? All the ones I look at appear to stick as far if not further.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with the Lex Baja Brute rear bumper and had them build it without the step over the license plate area so mine would fit in my garage. Also had them add on side pieces as well.

11490-lex-baja-brute-custom-rear-bumper.jpg

OP
OP

91stangy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s not bad... pics from the rear?

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Also noticed no hitch. Any reason?

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a rogue RENEGADE rear bumper F/S in the Garage sale forum, cuts several inches off the overall length. Check it out, make me an offer.

OP
OP

91stangy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I like the dove tail look I feel like cutting your quarters without a respray is asking for rust

Last edited:

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bumper

That’s not bad... pics from the rear?

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Also noticed no hitch. Any reason?

I have no intention of towing with my Raptor. My parents have a 2010 F150 that is set up for towing that I can use if need be. I still have my stock bumper/hitch setup and it only takes 30-45 minutes to change them out. Here is view from the rear. If I remember right it took about 2.5" off the length.

11488-lex-baja-brute-custom-rear-bumper.jpg

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I like the dove tail look I feel like cutting your quarters without a respray is asking for rust

Which is why you use a color matched touch up pen to coat the cut line, then you add some body trim to complete the look.

OP
OP

91stangy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Show me in a few years what the cut outs will look like. Also, reverting would require welding and a respray. Don’t have time for much off-roading (aside from the once or twice a year) or else I’d be all over it. Anyone else got one that isn’t custom and directly available?