Rear bed seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of caulk or silicon agent would you guys recommend sealing the front of the truck bed to the floor of the truck bed on the inside.

I have an ARE topper that sealers out water and dust well , I also have a tailgate seal that works ok. But on the joint of the floor of the truck bed to the front of the truck bed ( the front vertical portion) there is a good gap that spans the width of the floor and is enough to let a ton of dust in when driving on dirt roads, even with line-x sprayed in, the gap is too big. What brand or type bead of silicon would you guts put in there to help seal out the dust when my topper is on . I'm looking for something a bit flexible but dries where it's not tacky.

Thanks

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of things that are flexible will work, however that gap is there for a reason (Drainage). If you don't have your cap on and are using your truck when it rains, water is just going to pool in the front where it would normally drain. If this is the area you are describing. I would be looking at maybe putting some of that sticky foam that you normally seal the topper down with across there while you have the top on. Atleast then you can remove it when you are not using the topper. Just a thought as I'm no expert by any means

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if it's a small gap with the line-x, a can of "The Right Stuff" from an auto parts store would seal it nicely, still remain flexible, and dries completely.

I'd consider putting a straw or something hollow in several locations though, seal up the rest, then pull the straws out after it dries (or cut them flush), so if water does get in the bed, or if you ever want to wash the bed out, the water can still drain out, but you're still reducing the size of the holes from big to much smaller to let in a lot less dust.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it's a small gap with the line-x, a can of "The Right Stuff" from an auto parts store would seal it nicely, still remain flexible, and dries completely.

I'd consider putting a straw or something hollow in several locations though, seal up the rest, then pull the straws out after it dries (or cut them flush), so if water does get in the bed, or if you ever want to wash the bed out, the water can still drain out, but you're still reducing the size of the holes from big to much smaller to let in a lot less dust.

I like this idea. On my to do list.