GEN 1 RCV Axles on a Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the part number? I looked for these for a while and lost interest when i kept deadending. How about the sealed thrust bearing? Do you have a part number for that? This is the one that usually fails first when running the RCV axles. Ford is useless for info on these.

6001-2RS Sealed Bearing 12x28x8 Ball Bearings https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BBFDI0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_dbGfAbVTA1GCC

Koyo HK2516B Needle Roller Bearing, Caged Drawn Cup, Steel, Metric 25 millimeters ID, 32 millimeters OD, 16 millimeters Width, 13000 rpm Max RPM, 5283 pounds Static Load Capacity, 3508 pounds Dynamic Load Capacity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006KT18YM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_zcGfAbMBZBX41

tec548

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6001-2RS Sealed Bearing 12x28x8 Ball Bearings https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BBFDI0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_dbGfAbVTA1GCC

Koyo HK2516B Needle Roller Bearing, Caged Drawn Cup, Steel, Metric 25 millimeters ID, 32 millimeters OD, 16 millimeters Width, 13000 rpm Max RPM, 5283 pounds Static Load Capacity, 3508 pounds Dynamic Load Capacity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006KT18YM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_zcGfAbMBZBX41

You are the Man! Thanks, I'll try to get a hold of some of these.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still do not run the RCV axles. They are sitting on a shelf in my shop gathering dust since the last time I broke the inner wheel bearing. The last time Cory would not warrant the outer shafts of the axle. Just not economical to use them. The stock shaft, wheel bearing and IWE is cheaper to replace than the RCV outter stub. I still fight the same issue and simply don't use 4WD much.

I'm not trashing RCV here but if I would have known all this before hand I would not have purchased these axles. To be fair RCV replaced my outter stub the first time, but now im on my own and they have nothing for me. The wheel bearing failures ARE a Ford problem but the lifetime warrantee from RCV is kind of pointless if they still get damaged and not made good on.

So, I would suggest you take a pass until there is a solution to the weak Ford inner wheel bearing. Save the $3k for replacing the stock units.

Joel

Joel. thanks. I did end up just getting the stock axles after talking with the guys at sdhq. for what I do they prob just aren't worth it. unless of course you want to sell yours for a deal?

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's an old thread but did they ever co e up with something reliable for the 4wd?

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know it's an old thread but did they ever co e up with something reliable for the 4wd?
I went the thicker RCV IWE rings and haven't had an issue since. These are NOT the eliminators, but thicker engagement rings.

I also replaced my whole vacuum line and valve.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went the thicker RCV IWE rings and haven't had an issue since. These are NOT the eliminators, but thicker engagement rings.

I also replaced my whole vacuum line and valve.
Stock axles? Also where do you get the rings they arnt on the rcv website

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Once installed, your hubs will stiff function just like suck but with double the engagement from CV to Hub"

As long as they stiff function just like suck with double engagement- it sounds good to me.
Yeah I read that too funny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts