GEN 1 RCV Axles on a Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
One of the things I haven't mentioned is that we have made a few sets of IWE rings that are wider then stock therefor increasing the strength of the ring and doubling the engagement.. but I'm not going to sell them until we test / prove them extensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

@RPG So you're saying not to buy the IWE eliminators even if you are going to buy the RCV axles? If that's what you're saying then what am I supposed to do? keep blowing IWEs which in turn causes the end to twist off my axle? I need to be able to reliably use my truck. Is that just not possible or what do you recommend?

Knowing that the little shaft on the end of the outer CV is a week point, we increased the size of this which then requires the little bearing to be replaced with a larger ID. [emoji106][emoji851]

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One of the things I haven't mentioned is that we have made a few sets of IWE rings that are wider then stock therefor increasing the strength of the ring and doubling the engagement.. but I'm not going to sell them until we test / prove them extensively.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Knowing that the little shaft on the end of the outer CV is a week point, we increased the size of this which then requires the little bearing to be replaced with a larger ID. [emoji106][emoji851]

Is this what the guy on the phone was referring to? He said they were from RCV.
Basically, if you have upgraded/high strength IWEs to couple with the RCV axles, I want them, once you are selling them. I'm beyond sick of my trips being ruined by failed IWEs and CV joints.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RPG is not uninformed. They actually unlike you know what they are talking about. And since you keep wanting to talk about running 40's with them guess what. Those RCV axles have multiple rebuilds already..

RCV and RPG are working on updated RCV axles for a reason cause there were some issues.

are you still in contact with alex? I am. He hasnt done a rebuild on em in a while. It's also to be expected when he runs em at such a crazy angle... unless he goes to a double cardan u-joint. no CV axle will be able to stand up to those angles.

SILVER

Reaction score
I'm having the same experience as you @Dane. I emailed @RPG and received no response. Called them a week or so later and talked to someone who knew nothing but assured me Corey would call me back when he returned from lunch. Never happened. So did you figure out what you're going to do? I think I just want to run the IWE eliminators with upgraded axles. I'm not that interested in an after-market IWE as the whole design is fundamentally flawed it seems. Especially on these trucks with the large tires and engines.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm having the same experience as you @Dane. I emailed @RPG and received no response. Called them a week or so later and talked to someone who knew nothing but assured me Corey would call me back when he returned from lunch. Never happened. So did you figure out what you're going to do? I think I just want to run the IWE eliminators with upgraded axles. I'm not that interested in an after-market IWE as the whole design is fundamentally flawed it seems. Especially on these trucks with the large tires and engines.

Nope, no solution for me yet. I'm interested in the IWE upgrades if they pan out. Same deal with me though, after a lengthy conversation with Corey and a promise to call me back later that day, nothing. It's been a couple weeks now?

@RPG - I understand you're working on stuff, but this Corey not calling people back really makes your customer service look bad. It takes next to nothing to call someone back, especially when this someone is thinking about spending what, three grand with you?

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nope, no solution for me yet. I'm interested in the IWE upgrades if they pan out. Same deal with me though, after a lengthy conversation with Corey and a promise to call me back later that day, nothing. It's been a couple weeks now?

@RPG - I understand you're working on stuff, but this Corey not calling people back really makes your customer service look bad. It takes next to nothing to call someone back, especially when this someone is thinking about spending what, three grand with you?

Dane,

Please give me a call My cell 858-437-3167

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Give me a call on my cell 858-437-3167

Foxman1218

Reaction score

Any update available on the IWE rings? interested it these

Thanks!!

tec548

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Ultimate RCV axles for my truck and stopped running them about a year ago. I run 37" BFGs and Fox 3.0 set at 26.5" hub to fender (Glass fenders). My stock CVs last less than one outing before one or both break. I can change them in the field in about 20 minutes each... cheap at about $289 a unit. Takes considerable more time to replace a wheel bearing but I've gotten pretty good at that too. The Ultimate RCVs... I have never broke one... they are SOLID! BUT... they break the center thrust bearing and needle bearing in the wheel bearing (where the 13mm cap nut sets) causing it to wobble and destroy the IWE. If you don't notice in time the the outer shaft of the axle will be grinded as well and that IS NOT COVERED BY Ultimate RCV... your Ford parts caused that to happen... Don't ask me how I know that answer. I too would like a dependable solution for my 4x4. As a 4x2 the truck is perfect though.