Raptors in the Dakar Rally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this in Spanish, Google translate butchered it but you can get the gist of the story. They blew a radiator and had to fly somewhere to get one, then got disqualified for some reason:

If you can listen in Spanish, here is a cool video. They look to be repairing the radiator under a tree <G>.

http://tinyurl.com/y97dkw5

Shadetree2.png
ShadetreeRaptor.png

Javier Campillay and Disqualification: "I think in 2011"

Posted January 10, 2010 |
By Aldo Quezada
Dakar 2010

Two nights in the desert and a truck on the edge of the pilot was in removal of Tamarugal XC Rally Team.

Campillay already thinking about the Dakar 2011

Antofagasta, January 10, 2010

After hard days in the desert, the feeling is opposable in the Tamarugal XC Rally Team After the Disqualification of the team will Campillay Dario Javier Guzman.

"We can not be happy, because the idea was to finish the race, but pleased with the tremendous effort we made to Darius," said Campillay.

"Between Thursday and Saturday we went through everything. Collide, repair, Run at night, sleep in the dunes during the day, in short, a number of things that normal people would call crazy, but so is the Dakar."

As part of the voyage after rupture of the radiator of the Ford F150 Raptor, Campillay has 300 kilometers long night for the nitrate to reach Iquique. "We did it, we wash our face and we return to Antofagasta on Friday," said the pilot.

"Despite the passing of the hours since the truck was lowered, never thought about leaving, always get a day of rest to repair what is necessary to follow, but as it happened to Carlo de Gavardo, points the way to skip organization applied the rules and stayed out, "confided Tamarugal leader XC Rally Team. "Despite the passing of the hours Since the truck Lowered Was, Never Thought About Leaving, Always get a day of rest to repair What is NECESSARY to follow, But As It Happened to Carlo de Gavardo, points the way to skip the Applied organization rules and stayed out, "Confide Tamarugal XC Rally Team leader.

The future of The future of TXCRT TXCRT

Just confirmed the departure of the truck, the look of team focused solely on Claudio "Burro" Rodríguez and the projection to a possible Dakar 2011. Just Confirmed the departure of the truck, the look of team Focused Solely on Claudio "Burro" Rodríguez and the projection to a possible Dakar 2011.

"We are very glad that Claudio is still good and we will support and continue to Buenos Aires," said Campillay. "We are very glad Claudio That Is Still good and we will support and continue to Buenos Aires," said Campillay.

Thinking about next year, announced that Javier Campillay decided to "begin work in February and if the Dakar is in Chile it is likely that the TXC is back on the road." Thinking about next year, Javier Campillay Announced That Decided to "begin work in February and if the Dakar is in Chile it is Likely That the TXC is back on the road."

It is also possible that the Tamarugal may face some stages of the rally, as Two Sertoes in Brazil, and inserted fully in the national cross country rally. Also is it possible That the face May Tamarugal Some stages of the rally, as Two Sertoes in Brazil, and Fully inserted in the national cross country rally.

"We want to thank everyone Also WHO support us in this journey, family, friends and Our sponsors, Without Whom We Could Not Have Accomplished anything of this," CONCLUDE Campillay, with Several kilos lighter after-career wear.

OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
They blew a radiator and had to fly somewhere to get one, then got disqualified for some reason:

If you can listen in Spanish, here is a cool video. They look to be repairing the radiator under a tree <G>.

Thanks for the info. Dakar is a tough race, I was curious as to what exactly took them out. Maybe Google China did the translation, it reads kind of like Engrish. :cool2:

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Close up of the Dakar Rally Raptor!

i came accross this video on youtube...basically shows what they did to that Dakar Rally SVT 5.4L Raptor...Looks SICK as all hell!!! bad ass actually lol but as you can see, stock suspension, stock engine..fuel cells in the bed, different tires but same exact rims, roll cage, awesome paint scheme...thats how i would like my 5.4 to roll>>>JMHO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbQXMDd9qgo&feature=related

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, I guess that explains the restrictor...

they removed all the air silencers, with a simple hose lol looks and sounds killer...

I also noticed they have a full blown jack in the back...now thats a jack LOL too bad that thing weighs a ton...

Fuel Cells, jack, two full blown spares...roll cage, i couldnt imagine how much more weight they added to that thing...insane, however, they all seem to be needed necessities for sure.