Raptor vs Lightning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After thinking about GM's possible intro into the "super street" truck race with the Cheyenne, why can't Ford answer?

My thought: Alternate the SVT trucks in a 4 or 5 year rotation between the Raptor and the Lightning.

Ford needs to close the market on street trucks like they did with the Mustang.
GM and Chrysler have entries (Camero and Challenger), but their both a step or two behind the Mustang. Put that 5.8L monster in a lowered, lightened F-150 and rock-n-roll.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Give it time and Ford will come up with another Lightning. GUYS, Guys, guys! This GM move hadn't happened yet for one! For two, the huge bow tied front end will keep it slow as shit. If this GM LS does come out, expect another 2-3 years before you'll see it on the streets anyways. I assume next year, Ford to preview a new body styled Raptor and I wouldn't be surprised if a Lightning comes abroad. Especially with their lighter body styles too coming.

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would they not just offer both the lightning and the raptor. I'm sure they would sell enough of both to make a profit.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone post a pic of this "Cheyenne" please. I have no idea what y'all are talking about.

The Outrage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two-wheel-drive sport trucks won't sell as well in colder climates. It relegates the vehicle to a fair-weather toy. I bought a Raptor but I would have never considered purchasing a Lightning. I think offering the Tremor with four-wheel-drive is a step in the right direction. It acknowledges why trucks are popular in certain areas of the country. If I wanted a two-wheel-drive performance vehicle why wouldn't I just buy a similarly-priced GT 500?

The Outrage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone post a pic of this "Cheyenne" please. I have no idea what y'all are talking about.

Cardboard-Box-on-Wheels.jpg
+ ScotchBlueTape2.jpg

J/K

Chevrolet-reveals-Silverado-Cheyenne-concept-truck-bound-for-SEMA.jpg