Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor Forum General Discussions
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Forum General Discussions

Raptor VS F150 frame difference?

This is a discussion on Raptor VS F150 frame difference? within the Ford Raptor Forum General Discussions forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! Ive been doing a little bit of searching and not really coming up ...

User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Raptor VS F150 frame difference?

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Ive been doing a little bit of searching and not really coming up with what im looking for on this topic. My question is simple. Is the actual frame different on the raptor from a regular F150? Could you get a raptor UCA, LCA, spindle, coilover, CVs, the longer ABS and brake lines and physically bolt them to a regular F150?

Ive done some looking on the raptor vs the regular truck and they look VERY similar. Brenthal has 2 seperate lift kits though, one for the rap, and a seperate for the reg F150. If they were the same, wouldnt they just make one kit? If the suspension would be straight bolt on, why would SDHQ have gone through all the trouble to swap frames on the ecoboost raptor lookalike? I know someone out there has tried this.... any luck? This is strictly out of curiousity BTW. For the fact of mass production i could see it being easier to use the same from on all trucks. Just curious!

linexsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rock and Roll Offroad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Pretty sure it's the same. However it depends on the length of the frame. Scab has a shorter frame than screw

The ZAV (Zombie Assault Vehicle): 2010 Tux Black 6.2, Mid Perch, Nationals, ADD Stealth Bumper, Rigid 40" E Series, Rigid Dually Flush, Volant Cold Air Intake, Blue SVT Vent, Dumped Magnaflow Magnapack

http://stainlessworks.net/media/imag...anner_army.jpg
Maxx2893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
FRF Supporting Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Maxx2893 View Post
Pretty sure it's the same. However it depends on the length of the frame. Scab has a shorter frame than screw
ive got that, im just wondering about the location and design of the frame pockets where the diff, and control arms mount.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Originally Posted by linexsa View Post
Ive been doing a little bit of searching and not really coming up with what im looking for on this topic. My question is simple. Is the actual frame different on the raptor from a regular F150? Could you get a raptor UCA, LCA, spindle, coilover, CVs, the longer ABS and brake lines and physically bolt them to a regular F150?

Ive done some looking on the raptor vs the regular truck and they look VERY similar. Brenthal has 2 seperate lift kits though, one for the rap, and a seperate for the reg F150. If they were the same, wouldnt they just make one kit? If the suspension would be straight bolt on, why would SDHQ have gone through all the trouble to swap frames on the ecoboost raptor lookalike? I know someone out there has tried this.... any luck? This is strictly out of curiousity BTW. For the fact of mass production i could see it being easier to use the same from on all trucks. Just curious!
It is my understanding that they are the same save for where the rear shocks mount. 'regular' f150s have 28 spline front axles, Raptors have 31. Custom front axles aside its bolt and go. We specifically asked an SVT rep about the frame and his response was that the frame was tough enough and only needed a slight provision for the rear shock mounts.

SDHQ swapped some things out because you couldn't get a scab shortbed Eco and they wanted to replicate a Raptor as much as possible. At least I think that's what they posted.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
FRF Supporting Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by WarSurfer View Post
It is my understanding that they are the same save for where the rear shocks mount. 'regular' f150s have 28 spline front axles, Raptors have 31. Custom front axles aside its bolt and go. We specifically asked an SVT rep about the frame and his response was that the frame was tough enough and only needed a slight provision for the rear shock mounts.

SDHQ swapped some things out because you couldn't get a scab shortbed Eco and they wanted to replicate a Raptor as much as possible. At least I think that's what they posted.
wow thats good to know. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I heard (don't remember source) that the spot where the rear shocks mount is borrowed from the F350s, as SVT kept breaking the F150 ones.

Any truth to this?

2010 Molten Orange -- #6582 of 10437
Drop-in K&N, DMH E-Cutout, SCT Tuned, Middle perch, Arc-Rite Grill Guard
<><><><><><><RIP Paul Walker><><><><><><>
verytalonted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

SO heres my follow up question - we know that the Raptor is 7 inches wider than regular F150 so where does that 7 inches come from???

RAMMER JAMMER
STUTIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

My 45ft Bluewater Party

Originally Posted by STUTIDE View Post
SO heres my follow up question - we know that the Raptor is 7 inches wider than regular F150 so where does that 7 inches come from???
Suspension... Longer arms, longer half shafts, longer steering rods, longer rear axle, longer axle shafts, everything involved with the suspension in 3.5in longer per side

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f65/h...r-build-14948/

Porcelain Black... Go Detroit!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9LCHgpzfxQ
Hockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Hockster View Post
Suspension... Longer arms, longer half shafts, longer steering rods, longer rear axle, longer axle shafts, everything involved with the suspension in 3.5in longer per side
Makes sense - I always thought Raptors were built on different frames for strength, etc. Says alot for the F150 frame on stock trucks. Thanks man!

RAMMER JAMMER
STUTIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Originally Posted by Hockster View Post
X2 on this. Its easy to get it. Most trophy trucks have the control arm mounts about 6in from either side yet its wider than most factory trucks. The longer the control arms the more travel you have

And boom goes the dynamite.
raptrcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote