raptor upgrades needed ASAP of the floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah recovery gear I got from my last truck, with ya on that one. But really on the intake? I can see why with the enclosure and dust off road, but one of the principle goals of adding horsepower is increasing airflow. So should I just build my own box around it or just buy a normal k&n and call it a day.

I personally have a Volant CAI. I will say there are quite a few people who have had water ingestion issues with Aftermarket CAI, myself included. There is also a strong set of belief that the stock CAI works just fine. I have had enough problems out of my CAI that if I have 1 more I am switching back to the stock one and just keeping it.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah recovery gear I got from my last truck, with ya on that one. But really on the intake? I can see why with the enclosure and dust off road, but one of the principle goals of adding horsepower is increasing airflow. So should I just build my own box around it or just buy a normal k&n and call it a day.

The dyno numbers posted to date on this forum have not shown any increases. The truck has a cold air intake as is. Unless you get a lid with an aftermarket, you are now drawing in hot air from under the hood.

I'm not saying all cause issues, but I've seen issues on almost every run I've been on from all different manufactures.

Keep the stock for when you off-road. It just wouldn't be very high on my mod list for off-road performance.

For the $350 intake get a good tune instead.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally had the SCT tune and changed it for SVC, I like SVC better. I have the Corsa (basically volant) CAI. Like it ok, it drones pretty gnarly at sea level at around 2k rpms.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can run the k&n with a pre filter sock, unless water crossing are common then maybe just stay with stock

D

Deleted member 12951

Front bumper to give you more clearance and yeah, upgrade to RPG stage 3. Couldn't agree more on keeping stock Intake.