Raptor on Top Gear UK???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything he mentions are reasons it's a crappy bumper.

Hennessey shit is also super expensive. That Velociraptor 600 is $95,000.

Here's Clarkson's review of it. The Clarkson review: Hennessey VelociRaptor 600 (2014) | Driving.co.uk

It's too bad about Hennessey. They have a really nice facility(which I've been to for the TX2k events). But, your raptor might burn to the ground or they might have parted out your viper. Or charge you $1M for a stretched lotus with a boosted LSX.

MOLONxLABE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything he mentions are reasons it's a crappy bumper.

Hennessey shit is also super expensive. That Velociraptor 600 is $95,000.

Here's Clarkson's review of it. The Clarkson review: Hennessey VelociRaptor 600 (2014) | Driving.co.uk

It's too bad about Hennessey. They have a really nice facility(which I've been to for the TX2k events). But, your raptor might burn to the ground or they might have parted out your viper. Or charge you $1M for a stretched lotus with a boosted LSX.

You missed the point. I hate hennessey as much as the next reasonable person but hennessey doesn't make that bumper, Fab Fours does. They build decent bumpers for 3/4 ton trucks.

Yeah, having a bumper that big and heavy is stupid on a Raptor, I'd be one of the first to tell you that, but that alone doesn't make it a bad *bumper*.

I'll just leave it at that, as much as I want to get in dumb arguments over the internet.

Last edited:

BGA23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure he'll hate it, he pretty much despises everything American. And the only SUVs he likes are Range Rovers.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure he'll hate it, he pretty much despises everything American. And the only SUVs he likes are Range Rovers.

Did you not read the link? Clarkson actually liked it, he just thought it was a bit silly.

Rockdoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprising article!. I began watching Top Gear years ago when it first appeared and really got a laugh out of it. But after re-run / re-run / re-run I've sort of stopped watching. I had also noticed the increasing denigration of WE Canadians and YOU, our closest allies and best friends down south, over the life of this show. Am growing a little tired of the childish and disrespectful comments AND actions when these "POMS" come to North America to insult and make fun of our respective countries, {we "colonials"}, and making us the brunt of their "better than you" attempts at jokes and actions to bolster their ratings. I remember my father telling me that during WW2 when he was with the Royal Canadian Air Force and when they were coming back from bombing runs over Europe at night,{ to save their sorry asses I might add,} our bombers would be approaching the coast of England where you could see the massive amount of "barrage balloons" that suspended huge cables in an effort to deter Axis night fighters from intruding on England's airspace. The comment was regularly made to just " cut the damn cables and let the Island sink". Bit of a bad joke I agree but considering Canada ran to the aid of our respective "Mother Country" {2yrs before I might add before our American brothers, in both world wars}, and were indeed dying every day in her defense I find the insensitive comments they make of North America more than a bit disrespectful, to say the least. I know that was then blah blah blah but
REALLY!?. We are different from Europe!. Open spaces, manufacturing, exploration, pioneering. THAT, Mr.Clarkson, is why we don't drive Range Rovers to work. I do envy them the vehicles they get to thrash but it seems a little decorum and at least a modicum of respect is deserved..... Oops....I'm sorry.........I'm ranting again.
Glad to see he ultimately decided for we "Colonials" it is an appropriate mode of transportation in the hinterland..... Semper Fi!! brothers and sisters
The Rock Doc.

CP72SS

Reaction score
Top Gear UK yellow Raptor?

Ok I'm watching the new season of Top Gear UK and the preview shows a snow scene with what looks like a Yellow raptor ?? Any one heard anything?
Maybe it's not a Raptor?

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's the Hennessey Raptor. I still don't know why Hennessey would ever put those ******* junk bumpers on the front and rear of this truck. It is god awful, why not put ADD, RPG, SVC, or any kind of tube bumpers on it. Then it would actually look like it's meant to do. I can't stand how they remove the lower piece below the grille either. This just looks like another "I have a small ***** truck" with those fugly bumpers, which is now going to be shown around the world. Looks like Clarkson gets past the ugliness of the bumpers and showcases it a little but still, it's absolute garbage with these useless hunks of steel. End rant. Really needed to get that out there, has been bothering me since I saw the TG was going to be using the Raptor this season.