Raptor takes jump too fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different views
Ford Raptor jumps 90 feet! - YouTube
Rednecks with Paychecks Ford Raptor jump - YouTube
#1 Rednecks With Paychecks Ford Raptor jump highest angle HD - YouTube
Redneck ford raptor jump - YouTube

Professional advice:
Ford Raptor jumps 90 feet! - Even my 4 year old daughter knows it's a "BAD IDEA"! - YouTube

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Isnt ORM supposed to disable airbags? or not from an impact like that?

Are these guys ok, does anyone know who these guys are?

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

And he hit the brakes just before impact. Bad idea?

OP
OP
TEXAS MOTORWORX

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
[/COLOR]Isnt ORM supposed to disable airbags? or not from an impact like that?

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Airbags will still deploy when in ORM...they are just less sensitive. Yes, we know them and they are fine. We will be checking out the truck tomorrow to survey the damage.

He has 2 Raptors and is not worried about the damage. As he said, when you break something, build it faster and stronger.

Last edited:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We will be checking out the truck tomorrow to survey the damage.

He has 2 Raptors and is not worried about the damage. As he said, when you break something, build it faster and stronger.

Almost anything can be "fixed". It's just a matter of how deep the pockets are (and time and skills).

Somethings probably shouldn't be fixed and, based on what I see in that video, that one's gonna take a LOT of money, time and skills.

But as that video proves, some people have more money than sense so...

fix away!

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Different views
Ford Raptor jumps 90 feet! - YouTube
Rednecks with Paychecks Ford Raptor jump - YouTube
#1 Rednecks With Paychecks Ford Raptor jump highest angle HD - YouTube
Redneck ford raptor jump - YouTube

Professional advice:
Ford Raptor jumps 90 feet! - Even my 4 year old daughter knows it's a "BAD IDEA"! - YouTube

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Isnt ORM supposed to disable airbags? or not from an impact like that?

No the ORM does nothing to the air bag system... I have spent the last 6 hours going through the 2010-2012 service manual and I have found nothing that confirms this... Drivers and pass side air bags are a 2 stage bag. They can deploy at stage 1 or 2. The stages are determined by the weight of the occupants in the seats and if someone if in them... Look at it this way. Because of the government regulations they cannot even disable or reduce the TPMS for off road how are they going to do it with the air bags? If you could not drive the truck on the road in off road mode it could be done...

OP
OP
TEXAS MOTORWORX

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Almost anything can be "fixed". It's just a matter of how deep the pockets are (and time and skills).

Somethings probably shouldn't be fixed and, based on what I see in that video, that one's gonna take a LOT of money, time and skills.

But as that video proves, some people have more money than sense so...

fix away!

It will be a parts truck, he has a 2013 on order already.