Raptor is swaying at high speed acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAD454SS

Banned
Reaction score
Your rear shock are probally dead , happened to my truck at WOT it would feel like your in a boat listing side to side. I went to full icon suspension and deavers did'nt do it after that. Never knew for sure what it was causing it. I would start with rear shocks

OP
OP
slosvt

slosvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the replys everyone! I'm going to have ford check the front end/steering components out just to be sure. But here in the next month or so I'm going to do a shock rebuild. Four way. I have some sock money saved and maybe....possibly going with 3.0's or icons.

ddd269

Reaction score
Have you done the rear shock rebuild?

My 2013 Raptor does the rear listing side to side as described above on highway speed, especially around a curb with road irregularities.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got new shocks on mine at 90 thousand miles and it currently has 104 thousand. Mine has done this a few times on uneven highway roads and I notice it more now that my tires are worn more than halfway down. Not sure what causes it but I have noticed it around 80-90 mph under hard acceleration. Maybe the tires could have something to do with it.

Raptor71

Reaction score
My 2014 raptor swaying like an old Cadi at high speed when I slammed it hard hitting 90-130 mph, it wasn’t like that when it had factory wheels. Mileage is 35k miles. Off roading is very minimum and only in sand dunes
Now it has 20inch wrapped in 37s and it gets mid perch, Add venom bumper and Leds, custom twin turbo kit.

RaptorSS

Reaction score
SLOSVT, did the shock rebuild fix the sway? My trucks rear feels like it kicks out when flooring it at highway speeds, I found something online called Roadmaster Active Suspension, seems too cheap but wondering if anyone has tried it.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Start from the ground up. Check your tires carefully for wear / abnormalities and pressure. Then check shocks and keep going up and in.

Check your spring mounts carefully - could be a broken spring mount bolt.

Check the U-bolts around the spring packs and make sure they're all in great shape and where they should be.

If your rear axle is a little bit out of alignment that could be the cause.

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get we're focused on rear, but do you have sway bar attached. Mine is a lot looser on the highway without the sway bar.