Raptor service appointment gone bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Something tells me the porters at these dealerships colored outside the lines until they were 14.
Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Jackemuphigh21

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the dealership I worked at 80% of the porters were "special" like that.Thank God the service writers and the QC department were good at what they do.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not that this is a life or death thing here, but I was extremely pissed to say the least. I just did the top perch mod on my '12 Tuxedo Black SCrew a week ago, so I made an appointment to have it in for an alignment at my local dealership this morning. I am going out of town tomorrow for the weekend and the weather is going to be nice so I did a FULL exterior detail on my truck last night. I'm talking wax, fender wells cleaned and dressed, tires cleaned and dressed, the works. I was out till after 11pm last night finishing this up. So I drop it off at service this morning looking clean as ever and told them I would be back to pick it up at 12:15pm.

When I returned at 12:15 I went inside and did my paperwork and paid for my service and all as normally would be expected and all was great. But when I walked out to my truck parked on the lot........I guarantee I could have torn out someones spine with my bare hands and they wouldn't have felt it. The passenger side of the truck was covered in white mud!!!! All four fender wells and both running boards were white also. I cant even put in words how much it angered me that someone would disrespect their customer to do something like this.

I actually had another appointment to get the truck to for the windows to be tinted and was so upset, and was afraid of how I might handle the situation if walked back inside, that I just got in the truck and left for the other appointment. Once I gained my composure and could handle myself with integrity I made a phone call to the service writer. After I explained the situation to him the first words out of his mouth were, "Well, we do have a gravel parking lot and there are probably some puddles around here". I commenced to inform him that this is not how you treat a customers car under any circumstance much less when you can clearly see that the vehicle is SPOTLESS and is BLACK for crying out loud. He responded by saying, "well, all I can do at this point is apologize and if you want you can bring it back by and we can RINSE it off for you". I told him that it would never be back on his lot for anything else and don't worry about the "RINSE" I would handle that myself.

I just can't believe the lack of respect people would have for someone else' property, much less a PAYING customer. I mean seriously. The sheer laziness to not inspect the customers vehicle yourself as a service writer or as a technician for that matter. I used to work in a service department and I sure as hell never let a vehicle that I worked on leave dirtier than when it came in. That's just absurd in my mind. All it conveys to your customer is that you don't give two ***** about them and all you want is their money.

I'm sorry for the rant, I just can't believe that this is how anyone would want to be treated.

Hind sight. You should've by passed the writer and gone to the service manager. You didn't say if your truck was clean when taken in? Not that it makes a big difference,but if it was it does make a difference. A good dealership will wash your vehicle especially if something like that happens. If your on a time crunch or a waiter,they'll ask you if you'd like it washed. A ****** dealer that I'd never go to treats you like you were treated. It's hard to find a dealer that A0takes care of there tech's,pay's them well and they stay there forever. Making a reliable service department with competent mechanics. And B) Has an owner that over see's the service department so no loads that treat customers like you were treated doesn't happen. Service department customer service dictates the majority of how a manufacture rates a dealership. Bottom line,if it rates low,when they put in a new car order they may not get what they want.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike----Good Point!!!!! I always make sure it is on the ticket that it is not to be washed. Now some of you are going to think this is crazy but I try to take it in detailed out so i can see any issues when I get it back. This is just my opinion but maybe a tech is going to be a little more careful with a clean detailed vehicle than a dirty one..

They will be more carefull, that shows them you are a car guy and you take care of your toys.

They look at me like I got three heads??????? You, You do, do, do Not want us to wash your truck?

YES DO NOT TOUCH it with your cheap car shampoo, they most likley use Dawn, its so cheap. That will strip the car of everything all the wax you just put on. Leave your sandy, rocky old underwear that you use for rags off my car.

Washing your car with the best products and with a knowledgeable
human is not in their best interest.

But Washing your car with low tier products is in their interest, its a nice service for regular people. Most people do not have a clue how much damage they can do.

You may think I am crazy, but If I have to leave my Dodge truck and they are going to park it in their sardine can of a lot. I give the guy working on my car $10.00 to make sure he does not park it by any other cars/trucks because I do not want a door ping and make sure do not wash it.

I tell them upfront I have "OCD", that door ping will drive me crazy. I ask him do you like when someone uses your "tools", they say no. I say then I hate when someone washes my car. And then I show him my car is perfect. Thats when I give him the 10.00. He gets the hint quick he will be responsible and I paid him to do what I want.

For me its worth it, a 10.00 warranty for not stripping my car of the wax I put on for the last 2 hours and not having to go to the body shop for a ping or scratch.

At the Cadalac dealer for my wifes escalade you are assigned a guy, he's yours. You get him every time. You call, you talk to him only, he knows your car and remembers what work has been done. He meets you when you get out of your car. I do not even have to tell him about washing or parking. He knows the routine and goes out of his way to do it. And these guys must get paid well, they never leave. I have had the same one for 5 years.

My Dodge dealership, news guys every year or so. I hope the Ford Dealer is better. If not I know how to train.

Turf Tamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sucks but it could be worse. I brought my truck in for a check engine light and some ******* opened to drivers door into one of the beams of the shop lift. Then they tell me my truck is ready and an said nothing about the scratch in the center of the door. I notice it immediately and called them on it. They ended up having to repaint the entire left side of the cab twice because the first time they did a shit job and I made them do it again. Between the paint and engine lite I was without my truck for 4 weeks and this was only a few months after I bought it.

More recently I had the boys over at RPG install my stage III, 1" raceline UCA's and tie rods. The next day I went down to my local Firestone dealer to get the truck alined. The super geniuses did not know the RPG tie rods are adjustable at both ends and failed to loosen the top jam nut. They wrenched on the thing so hard they unknowingly loosen the bolt that holds the clevis to the steering rack. They come get me and tell me they are out of adjustment on the tie rods and I walk in to see what they are talking about. I was annoyed to see that the had manged to mar the hell out of the edges of the hex portion of my beautiful blue anodized day old tie rods. I showed them the error of there ways and they had me on the road in a hour. I drove back to my house and within 100 miles the center line on the steering wheel had migrated to the 2 o'clock position and I could feel and hear play in the drivers side wheel. I crawled underneath and that's when I found all of the problems they created. I just got it resolved today, as a stood in shop watching there EVERY move making sure it got done right this time.

Scratch

3f4efb05.jpg

Hack job on the tie rods

8cead319817c868f9735b4236f99cb6b.jpg

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's sucks, what can't people just ask if they have a question, instead of just reading through to get the job done... People seem to not care,

I would have flipped ou our had heart failure...

Are they going to pay for the damage?

OP
OP
Jackemuphigh21

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn Turf Tamer. Those guys are some major idiots. I hope you are pushing for a new tierod or at least got a HEFTY discount on the alignment. It's one thing to disrespect me by getting my stuff dirty but to damage my stuff, OH HELL NO!!!

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They will be more carefull, that shows them you are a car guy and you take care of your toys.

They look at me like I got three heads??????? You, You do, do, do Not want us to wash your truck?

YES DO NOT TOUCH it with your cheap car shampoo, they most likley use Dawn, its so cheap. That will strip the car of everything all the wax you just put on. Leave your sandy, rocky old underwear that you use for rags off my car.

Washing your car with the best products and with a knowledgeable
human is not in their best interest.

But Washing your car with low tier products is in their interest, its a nice service for regular people. Most people do not have a clue how much damage they can do.

You may think I am crazy, but If I have to leave my Dodge truck and they are going to park it in their sardine can of a lot. I give the guy working on my car $10.00 to make sure he does not park it by any other cars/trucks because I do not want a door ping and make sure do not wash it.

I tell them upfront I have "OCD", that door ping will drive me crazy. I ask him do you like when someone uses your "tools", they say no. I say then I hate when someone washes my car. And then I show him my car is perfect. Thats when I give him the 10.00. He gets the hint quick he will be responsible and I paid him to do what I want.

For me its worth it, a 10.00 warranty for not stripping my car of the wax I put on for the last 2 hours and not having to go to the body shop for a ping or scratch.

At the Cadalac dealer for my wifes escalade you are assigned a guy, he's yours. You get him every time. You call, you talk to him only, he knows your car and remembers what work has been done. He meets you when you get out of your car. I do not even have to tell him about washing or parking. He knows the routine and goes out of his way to do it. And these guys must get paid well, they never leave. I have had the same one for 5 years.

My Dodge dealership, news guys every year or so. I hope the Ford Dealer is better. If not I know how to train.

I agree,unless,you research your service department like you shop your purchase deal. A good dealer details with high quality products. There is actually a Toyota dealer up here in VT that every year when I either am bringing out my Rap,"When I'm confident all the road salt is gone",or my Z71 winter truck I bring them to them to get prepared for the season. They charge 60.00 for the exterior which is nothing considering it takes over 2 1/2 hours. (We're not talking minimum wage dawn using,gravel grinding,dirty chamois using imbeciles) they actually take pride in what they do.
But like I said,it's trial and error.You have to hunt for competence these day's. I start by walking into the service department and listening to how the writers talk to the customers. Are they talking out their ass? Especially women or older folks. Upselling with BS stories? Talking down at them? I've actually called them out in front of the customer more then one time. Bad scene. But **** you if you roll like that. I make myself at home walking through the shop. Looking around at how the tech's are,acting,working,not working,their boxes and how,"Kept" the shop looks. Dude turftamer,that is the double ended ass *******. That sucks. Firestone? No go. Jiffy lube? Don't do it. The old cliche is to true. You get what you pay for. And you get more for paying less in his case. More anguish. Sorry to hear these horror stories.

Last edited:

Turf Tamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They where cool about fixing their mistake so I let the scuffs slide. I have lifetime alignment there, so I was willing to let it go knowing they would be losing there ass in future alignments. They had a different guy work on it the second time and he was a cool dude. The heim joints on both ends of the tie rods make it extremely difficult for them to get everything set right. The guy actually made me chuckle when he was done when he said "Man you got a bad ass truck, but if I see you come in here again I'm running." Then I told him I had lifetime alignment.