Raptor seats vs F-150 seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that the Raptor seats are extremely comfortable to drive in. Most comfortable of any other ride I've been in.

Did the Raptor share the same type of seats in the regular F-150s? It would only seem logical for the same comfy seats to be shared across the Ford trucks.

I'm just wondering if the other F-150's offered the same comfort levels in their seats as the Raptors.

David

Last edited:

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I ever saw. Raptor seats are Raptor seats. For the gen II, i don't know if Ford shared components.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
+1 The interior since the truck is wider than f150 is raptor specific, especially the seats.
Just stop by any used lot or new ford dealer and see for yourself

OP
OP
RaptorEnthusiast

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cabs between the normal F150 and Raptor are the same size, they share the same cab.

I agree. I've confirmed this with a person very knowledgeable about Raptors at my dealership.

I was told the Raptor shared the same cab as the regular F-150, but that was where the similarities ended (aside from the tail light and head light assemblies).

So even though the Raptor has the same cab as the F-150, Ford designed proprietary seats specific to the Raptor according to the responses in this thread. That's pretty cool stuff.

So for anyone here that's actually sat in an F-150 (2009-2014 model), do the F-150 seats even come close to the comfort of Raptors?

David

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree. I've confirmed this with a person very knowledgeable about Raptors at my dealership.

I was told the Raptor shared the same cab as the regular F-150, but that was where the similarities ended (aside from the tail light and head light assemblies).

So even though the Raptor has the same cab as the F-150, Ford designed proprietary seats specific to the Raptor according to the responses in this thread. That's pretty cool stuff.

So for anyone here that's actually sat in an F-150 (2009-2014 model), do the F-150 seats even come close to the comfort of Raptors?

David

From personal experience - I had a 2014 Platinum, everything you could get on a truck, and as soon as I sat in my 2014 SE Raptor, I was hooked. I will testify that the seats in our Gen1's are WAY more comfortable than the best seats in a F150.

First big trip I took in the Raptor was a trip to Moab - 16 hour drive. A little tired when we got there but the first thing I said when we got out was how I wasn't sore or sick of sitting in the truck that long......

Hands down the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven!!!

OP
OP
RaptorEnthusiast

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From personal experience - I had a 2014 Platinum, everything you could get on a truck, and as soon as I sat in my 2014 SE Raptor, I was hooked. I will testify that the seats in our Gen1's are WAY more comfortable than the best seats in a F150.

First big trip I took in the Raptor was a trip to Moab - 16 hour drive. A little tired when we got there but the first thing I said when we got out was how I wasn't sore or sick of sitting in the truck that long......

Hands down the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven!!!

Wow Ruby, thanks for sharing. So did you feel sore and "sick" of sitting in the Platinum after long road trips? I always figured/assumed trucks in general would be more comfortable and conducive for road trips than sedans.

David

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow Ruby, thanks for sharing. So did you feel sore and "sick" of sitting in the Platinum after long road trips? I always figured/assumed trucks in general would be more comfortable and conducive for road trips than sedans.

David

Longest trip I took in the Platinum was to Colorado. 12 hours. It wasn't too bad. I've driven long distances my entire career, so I'm used to it. But I will say that longer trips in the Platinum were a little more work. Still, there is just something more comfortable about the Raptor. Road manners and suspension are so much better.....

OP
OP
RaptorEnthusiast

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Longest trip I took in the Platinum was to Colorado. 12 hours. It wasn't too bad. I've driven long distances my entire career, so I'm used to it. But I will say that longer trips in the Platinum were a little more work. Still, there is just something more comfortable about the Raptor. Road manners and suspension are so much better.....

Great to hear. This leads me to my next question regarding Raptor seats. Have most of you who've owned Raptors for years noticed any instances of Raptor seats losing "cushion bounce" after normal wear and tear?

I'm just wondering if these seats are robust enough to hold up after 5+ years of constant use.

David