Raptor sales cutting into Lariat & Platinum sales?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, before ordering my Raptor, I drove a Lariat with a 6.2 and all the options. I think it was $51k or so. That got me thinking, who would buy one of those editions, when they could have the Raptor for the same or less? I gotta think that the prices will increase significantly in 2012 for the Raptors with the way they are selling!

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
some people like a blinged out rig w/o all the stuff they wont use.

Banned
Reaction score
Depends what the person wants really, I know someone who got a 6.2 non raptor basically for towing purposes, he's doing mods the suspension and I don't even know the details tbh but he didn't even consider the raptor.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i know plenty of people who would prefer the classic look and practicality of a lariat or platinum over the Raptor....doesn't mean i agree with them :)

Banned
Reaction score
Personally for me a normal f150 would be better, but i just couldn't say no to a raptor lol

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Raptors still cost a whole bunch more than Platinums and Lariats, both in terms of cost to buy (substantial) and cost to fuel (which is a bigger deal than it ought to be for a lot of folks).

I'm sure the Raptor cuts into the sales of just about everything, but I don't see them obviating the Platinum/Lariat line.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
No, there are still so many people buying lariats and plats. Not everyone wants a raptor (IDK why) some prefer the basic look, with chrome 20's and that silver stick on thing on the tailgate.