Raptor rear ended

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The car that caused the accident uses the same insurance as me so I called them last night and they said they don't report any of their claims to carfax.

So I assuming it was the police report?

Why do we always get blamed for everything when something don't seem right? Definitely not the police...

If you didn't have it fixed, did you receive a check for the damage? Thats a claim and will be reported as such if ya did. If a crash report was filed then the State is notified but more than likely it was yours and their insurance company that reported it.

And keep in mind, I had maintenance work done on my old FX4 and AAMCO reported all of it so it showed up on CarFax.

Also keep in mind, that not only negative things show up on a CarFax report. When it is titled, sold at auction, etc....those will also show up as "a report" when the CarFax is run.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Why do we always get blamed for everything when something don't seem right? Definitely not the police...

If you didn't have it fixed, did you receive a check for the damage? Thats a claim and will be reported as such if ya did. If a crash report was filed then the State is notified but more than likely it was yours and their insurance company that reported it.

And keep in mind, I had maintenance work done on my old FX4 and AAMCO reported all of it so it showed up on CarFax.

Also keep in mind, that not only negative things show up on a CarFax report. When it is titled, sold at auction, etc....those will also show up as "a report" when the CarFax is run.

:flipthebird: **** the Police

LOL

MeenieMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow... I find that very interesting. You're left holding your **** in your hand when it wasn't your fault.... something is certainly fishy there. Follow-up on that and find out for sure. Contact your own insurance and have them fight the battle for you.

Your insurance company will not be party to this (although, I understand the at-fault driver has the same insurance). It is a tort liability of the at-fault driver. Most motor vehicle accident attorneys are not very interested in diminished value claims, simply because most are not high enough in value to make it worth their time. It typically isn't worth it for you to hire an attorney either, as you may be paying 30%-40% of the settlement in contingent fees. The exception would be if the other party's insurance company, who has to represent him/her based on their contractual relationship, is not operating in good faith to resolve the claim. Then they may be exposed to having to pay the legal fees on top of the diminished value. If you haven't had the damage repaired, then you would need to be sure to isolate the inherent diminished value (the impact of the stigma of the vehicle having been in an accident), and exclude the portion related to the remaining damage.