Raptor rear ended

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, she took a beating. Get. Your truck. Checked out properly bro, could be stuff you don't see. Check and see if the front of the box hit or scraped the back of the cab!

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope this won't be too bad for your truck...

Your rear sensors are still working ?

mwyesq

Reaction score
I got rear ended too. Didn't seem to be as bad as yours and I went right to body shop to get it checked out. Fortunately, I didn't have anything major but the guy did check out everything to make sure. Better safe than sorry.

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same type of thing happend to me... Mine was from a Jeep. There was hidden damage to the hitch and surrounding metal that was covered by the plastic cap.

Thanks to @HAYNES OFFROAD, replacement of the bumper hitch assembly (6 bolts and a bunch of electrical connectors) got me back on the road!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 115

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damage hidden under the cap. Sorry for the crooked picture, not a lot of room in the garage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
Key

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty much identical to my bumper. Tomorrow finding out the extent of the damage. I'm hoping for it to be fairly minimal, but if you saw her car the odds are things are worse under my truck than visible. I barely felt the impact though. The lady who hit me is doing okay, turns out that car is just a company car and she's a bank director here in Michigan. I'm going to be in good hands with her company insurance I feel like. She was very nice, and very apologetic, and ironically told me her husband wanted to buy a Raptor but she was on the fence about it, but at the accident scene she called her husband and told him to buy it immediately lol. I'm not sweating it too much. I'm just going to be in Michigan for longer than I expected which is a bummer and hurts my wallet. All in all, pending what damages are done to the truck, I think this situation could not have gone any better for myself or really for the lady who hit me. Yes, the 300 crumpled like a tin can, but for her to walk away fine (her hand ended up not being broken) from hitting a 6000lb wall of steel at 75mph, I'd have to say the car did it's job in protecting her. That being said, the passenger airbag shattered the windshield which is a little concerning.

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The airbags always break the windshield. they push the dash pad up and that is what breaks the windshield. I found out the hard way, Caddy's do it to.