Raptor Raffle???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was sitting here in my office thinking about the raptor that's been abandoned (the one where the removed the stock wheels) and thought of something that might make this forum even more exciting and unique.

I was thinking of possibly a raffle that this forum could have probably every 3 months or so where members could have a chance to win a raptor. I know Randy has so many available every month and maybe he could reveal that raptor that would be given away like a week or so before the raffle. This forum almost has 3000 members which many don't own a raptor and the rest happy with theirs. something like the lottery is what I had in mind, where three balls (each having a number) would be pulled out and show the winner. (range being from 000 to 999 and the one closest to the number wins) Or maybe just and old fashion raffle like we had weeks ago. Thinking it could be $100 to be entered and only one entry per person. if we had about 450 members enter then your looking at a very nice raptor to be given as a prize. (could also be $50 for entry but need 900 people to enter which might be more difficult to accomplish yet much cheaper) I don't know about you but $100 every 3 months isn't bad for what the prize is and not only that, the hype, the excitement it would be.

I don't know of any other forum that does this then again I really don't know many forums and this one is the only one I have ever been a part of. Everyone wins, we get more people to join this forum, many people would find the forum unique, great, exciting, awesome, fun, informative, etc. I don't know how difficult it is for something like this to actually be successful but if indeed it could be done, I would surely be excited.

I apologize beforehand if this might be just another stupid idea for you guys and for wasting your time. Thanks

Last edited:

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing is that a raffle is considered gambling so you'd have to register the event somewhere. Could just be some simple paperwork but more likely it will involve accountants, etc.

Might turn in to more trouble than it's worth.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
youd have to check with the IRS. i know of another forum that tried to auction off one of the owners trucks a few years ago, and got shut down quick. Someone actually made a call to the FBI if im not mistaken.

OP
OP
LEGORAPTOR

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a little research...

Private raffle
Another type of raffle that does not need to be registered is a private raffle.
o Tickets for this can be sold to people living or working in the same premises, or who are
members of an organisation or club.
o This raffle can only be advertised on the tickets, to members or on the premises.

To view the complete document I found on running a raffle click http://beatms.mssociety.org.uk/NetCommunity/Document.Doc?id=63

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would be an awesome idea not just for Raptors, but with accessories and shit like that.

I started a thing on an old forum of mine when I used to work at Best Buy. I offered my impressive employee discount to members of the forum for exchange for a discount on offering whatever they may be able to do.

It turned out to be VERY successful and was pretty awesome at the things that we were able to attain.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hummmm

If you guys were to paypal me, say $55.00 as many times as you wanted ??
And as soon as I got exactly 1000 paypals. I would take that money and, say buy a Raptor, and then let's just say I would really not want it, and decide to give it to one of those people who sent me a paypal payment.

:crazy:

randy

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be an awesome idea not just for Raptors, but with accessories and shit like that.

I started a thing on an old forum of mine when I used to work at Best Buy. I offered my impressive employee discount to members of the forum for exchange for a discount on offering whatever they may be able to do.

It turned out to be VERY successful and was pretty awesome at the things that we were able to attain.

i did the same thing in HS. Best buy was a great place to work! as a kid who didnt have much, that discount came in handy!