Raptor Mods - (Based on Driving Habit)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a Cat 1 would love to be a 2 but to much of a wuss... I put myself out just to even buy it so spending tons of $$$ on mods muchless replacement parts not covered under warranty LOL. I appreciate the list of things to get done though, keep the good suggestions coming. Thinking mid-perch or oil catch can will be the next mod.. depends on how much $$ the wife leaves me from our taxes ..

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience, mid-perch is going to be your biggest bang for your buck, next up is a 5 star tuner (second only because of cost, first based on noticeable change to the truck).

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced on mid-perch for the 2012/2013s. I know a lot are doing it but are we putting other/more stresses on the other parts. I know it's not an issue with the 2010/11s without the Torsen but are we reducing reliability or speeding up eventual parts breakage? I know SVT has said not to do it. I love the look and the apparent improvement off-road but is it a trade-off or do you guys consider it very little or no change to the vehicle dynamics/reliability (for lack of a better word)?

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Scottyneutron wrote:
Category 11: Daily Commute on L.A. roads........

Been there done that! LOL!

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

Sorry... I have a 2010. Only time will tell.

I've read so much on it while I'm waiting but I think I'm going to have to talk to a few vendors and get their opinion. Hopefully a few others that have 2012 or 2013s for a while and are at mid perch will chime in.

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nobody else has any opinions on mods based on the three categories in the first post?? C'mon on...lol!

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd never give anyone a hard time for having a stock Raptor. Stock and Raptor is sort of an oxymoron isn't it...LOL!

I do hope we can get this thread to take off because I would like to see what some of the long(er) time Raptor owners are doing for mods and in what order. Would be nice to have some general guidelines based on driving habits. At least a place to start. I already have ideas but I'd like to get a bunch of opinions and ideas.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Even something as simple as mid perch for the 2012 and 2013s. Is it an improvement for off-road and is there a cost down the road or should we consider other upgrades to go with the mid perch to eliminate any new stresses.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's also add in what should be done first or if you think certain mods should be done at the same time, then indicate that.

Decide everything you want Line-x'd ahead of time and bundle it together to leverage for a better price. Also, remove anything you can on your own and take it disassembled to Line-x to save money (e.g. bumpers, fender flares, skid plates)