Raptor-fueled Aggression... Witnessed it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squid 3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd had my truck for a few weeks and I was in a grill store buying a wood stove for my house. The place had a few people in it but wasn't packed. The salesman and I heard tires screeching and thought nothing of it. 2 seconds later some redneck in an older f-150 (don't know what year) comes busting through the front door and announces " who's driving the Raptor?" I reluctantly raise my hand and tell him it's mine. After he rants and raves about how cool the truck is and how it's so much better than his, he goes " Can I drive it?" I politely declined. OK I said "are you kidding me?" and he smiled and went on his way.
That truck brings out all the weird in some people

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Dodge Ram pickup truck has been named the "most dangerous car" in America.

I wonder why?

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a recovering Ram owner (trade in for the raptor) I can't say I didn't have truck envy when I saw a raptor. But I never acted like an ass! The first time I saw one I spent ten minutes under the truck and knew more about it than the owner. He was happy to let me look as he just got it. I had wanted a raptor since they first came out.
Here I am a happy raptor owner. Just out drivin around minding my own business. A dodge ram pulls in front of me and pegs the throttle to show me how loud his exhaust is. So I hit the DMH loud button open the exhaust and give him a drive by to put him in his place!

there are 2 kinds of people in this world, people that have a Raptor and people that are jealous!

Banned
Reaction score
Happens to me to... The ****** dodge thing, not the waves thumbs up and rubbernecking.

Must be a ford dodge thing.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I may step on a few toes here/anywhere, but here goes:

Has anyone else experienced aggressive behavior from Dodge truck owners while driving their Raptors?

At first I thought it was a fluke - a few deranged individuals with a bit too much testosterone. Now, I have to think it is a Dodge truck-owner phenomenon.

Since my blue SCrew 2012 Rap was delivered in January here in Maine I spend a lot of time laughing at the number of rubbernecking that goes on as I drive my truck down the road. It varies from people at gas stations trying NOT to stare openly at my truck, to one little boy who pulled away from his father and jagged into the road to get a better look (?) at my truck (Daddy's quick thinking saved the day there). I get tons of thumbs-ups, waves and while stopped at road construction, actually had the entire road crew stop work to come over and offer to adopt me and my truck (part of that might be because I'm female, red-headed and well, that's enough, right?).

On the flip side of that coin are the aggressors: oddly enough never Chevy truck owners (usually the first to do the thumbs-up or come over to ask "What the hell IS that thing?"), but almost every Dodge truck owner I see flips me off, tries to pass me (emphasis on 'tries') or is openly aggressive over long stretches of roadway.

I get that some of you may have driven Dodge trucks at some point, but you obvious progressed in life and grew more brain cells or you wouldn't be party to this forum. But what is it about Dodge owners that makes me wonder if they all have 'King *********" tattooed on their foreheads? They can't over-power my truck, generally seem to feel an overwhelming urge to get ahead of me regardless of the hazards in order to pump diesel fumes into my windshield and more than one has tried to run me off the road, or followed me to my destination!

I'd attribute it to Dodge owners in Maine only, but this has happened in New Hampshire, Massachusetts (Mass-holes, go figure) and today, by the owner of an overly-chromed ******-machine from Maryland. After reading the extremely biased article comparing the Dodge BumRunner to the Raptor, I'm starting to believe the Chrysler has put something that eats brain cells in their uncomfortable upholstery. Maybe that's it! HEMI-ROIDS!

Has anyone else noticed this tendency, or am I not firing on all cylinders here? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

I thought it was just a mass-hole thing. lol....And of course the considerate road rumps in CT. I will refrain from my pet name for those drivers as it will offend the majority. I will ad in the expert drivers here in my state of VT,I play chicken every time I leave the house. 99% of the drivers here cant keep it in their own lane. Especially in curves.

naimad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a ****** bag in a dodge cut me off out of no where at a light and was looking back talking smack.then he started digging around behind his seat like he was looking for a weapon,wanted to pull over but didnt feel like going to jail over some little punk thats got nothing to loose

Banned
Reaction score
I remember one time my dad was driving my brothers truck, some dodge guy towing a trailer was going 90 in a 100 zone, and Everytime he went to pass this guy, he'd swerve and almost put us in the ditch several times. Literally made us go I the shoulder of the opposite lane.