Raptor Friendly Toy Haulers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think a front walk around bed is out of the question for a raptor friendly toy hauler. In my search for mine all the trailers with front sleepers and walk around beds were 30+ feet long and weighed over 8K dry. You may be able to find one though, i just never came across any when I was looking for 4 months.

There are some. Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 22R or 26R
Cherokee Grey Wolf Travel Trailers / Toy Haulers by Forest River RV

I just don't know if they come with a fuel station.

Also, for what it's worth, yours is 8,400 GVW, not 7,700 - though it looks easy enough to stay below the 8K weight anyway, so not really important.

The layout of that 22R is nearly perfect for me (assuming fuel station). The only change I would make is replacing one sofa with chairs (which I've seen in other Forest River models).

Enigma94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some. Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 22R or 26R
Cherokee Grey Wolf Travel Trailers / Toy Haulers by Forest River RV

I just don't know if they come with a fuel station.

Also, for what it's worth, yours is 8,400 GVW, not 7,700 - though it looks easy enough to stay below the 8K weight anyway, so not really important.

The layout of that 22R is nearly perfect for me (assuming fuel station). The only change I would make is replacing one sofa with chairs (which I've seen in other Forest River models).

The problem is neither of those models would be able to fit a RZR which is what I have so I guess I should of said that I couldn't find a front walk around queen while also having enough room for a RZR. Looks like those models only have enoug cargo room for dirt bikes or quads.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The problem is neither of those models would be able to fit a RZR which is what I have so I guess I should of said that I couldn't find a front walk around queen while also having enough room for a RZR. Looks like those models only have enoug cargo room for dirt bikes or quads.

OH! I hadn't considered that. I'm only concerned about being able to fit two sport bikes or two dirt bikes. I haven't looked at the actual garage space though. Do you see it in there? I'd think at least a two seater RZR would fit.

*************** Edit *****************
Google is your friend:
https://cheyennecampingcenter.com/rvs/forest-river-cherokee-grey-wolf-22rr-toy-hauler-travel-trailer
Garage Space 153” X 70”
4 seater RZR = 146x64. Close, but should fit. The height looks super close, but works (by the numbers at least) unless you've done anything to make the RZR taller. Guess you could flatten the tires if needed.

Last edited:

Enigma94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OH! I hadn't considered that. I'm only concerned about being able to fit two sport bikes or two dirt bikes. I haven't looked at the actual garage space though. Do you see it in there? I'd think at least a two seater RZR would fit.

*************** Edit *****************
Google is your friend:
https://cheyennecampingcenter.com/rvs/forest-river-cherokee-grey-wolf-22rr-toy-hauler-travel-trailer
Garage Space 153” X 70”
4 seater RZR = 146x64. Close, but should fit - however it looks like a height problem at 72" door the 74" 4 seater wouldn't fit without flat tires! However the two seater would be good.

I don't think that cargo room is to the first cabinet, 153" is 12.5 feet long and if you look at the actual pictures the benches butt right up against the first cabinet and are definitely not 12.5 feet long. You'd be able to lay 2 people feet to head on 1 bench if that were the case which the pictures clearly don't show that being possible. Looks like a standard queen size bed with the benches folded down. Also, the cargo door is only 72" tall with a stock RZR being 73" tall it wouldn't fit even stock, let alone with larger tires which everybody generally runs.

If you don't plan on buying a RZR and this trailer fits your need then it looks like an awesome trailer! But I personally think with how big the RZR scene is now that trailers that accommodate them will hold their value better than those that don't, just something to keep in mind when buying a trailer!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think that cargo room is to the first cabinet, 153" is 12.5 feet long and if you look at the actual pictures the benches butt right up against the first cabinet and are definitely not 12.5 feet long. You'd be able to lay 2 people feet to head on 1 bench if that were the case which the pictures clearly don't show that being possible. Looks like a standard queen size bed with the benches folded down. Also, the cargo door is only 72" tall with a stock RZR being 73" tall it wouldn't fit even stock, let alone with larger tires which everybody generally runs.

I personally think with how big the RZR scene is now that trailers that accommodate them will hold their value better than those that don't, just something to keep in mind when buying one!

It says the door is 74" tall on all of the pictures (the text says 72, but I think that's a typo, manufacturer site says 74"). Still, that's super close, so I get what you're saying. Also, after my last post I've been sitting here trying to logic out the dimensions and as you said, it doesn't quite add up. It sure doesn't look like 12' of space and that would only leave 10' for the kitchen/bathroom/bedroom. That math doesn't work. Very strange and I believe you are right.

The search continues. I suspect this one doesn't come with a fuel station anyway, and that's a must-have for me.

Enigma94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at Keystone toy haulers. I have 2011 energy and love it! It is right at the max for the raptor when fully loaded but I'm ok with that. Specially since my brother just bought a 15 Duramax so I make him haul it and I tow the toys lol! It has Great build quality and it looks like some of the newer models might have what you're looking for?

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take a look at Keystone toy haulers. I have 2011 energy and love it! It is right at the max for the raptor when fully loaded but I'm ok with that. Specially since my brother just bought a 15 Duramax so I make him haul it and I tow the toys lol! It has Great build quality and it looks like some of the newer models might have what you're looking for?

Which model are you talking about? I have been looking at the Outback, but I dunno about that front garage. It doesn't look like they make the Energy anymore, but it looks too heavy for the Raptor?

shakenbake

Reaction score
i have an outlaw 37rb, 2016 model. while i cant park the truck in it; it is possible to tow four-down behind when you figure out that crazy ten step tow mode out. that said, the raptor is so heavy that you really need to think about the mass youre slowing down and braking in general. whether or not your truck is towed four down or in a hauler you really need to think about the stopping power negated by that mass in the back - especially in hill / mountain areas.