Raptor driving loosy goosy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slosvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New front and rear fox's plus an alignment later I'm still getting a lot of play in the steering.....it just rocks the wheel. When going over highway bumps or off-road at highway speeds or hard acceleration at high speeds the truck just sways like a listing boat and i don't know what the deal is!!!! It's a very uneasy feeling at high speeds! The rears had never been replaced so I figured putting new ones on would solve the problem, but NO it didnt. Is it something related to the steering....??? Any ideas before I take it to ford tomorrow would be amazing.

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Dumb question but is your sway bar hooked up? a light 'rock the boat' motion is pretty normal without one.

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar deal with my truck , i would hit some railroad tracks leaving work under acceleration and rock side to side. Not sure What it was. I replaced with full icon suspension and+2 deavers. Never happened after . Did you buy the new shocks used? I suspect my suspension was sacked out and blown fronts. Your not running lift spacers on front? I heard of this before with those.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine really drives crazy now since my suspension is out, but in the past a steering rack going bad had also caused some u comfortable drifting on bumps and what not. Does your truck make sort of a supercharger whine under acceleration?? That's what mine did when the power steering pump was going out

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

aschiller98

Reaction score
My truck developed a very sloppy feel when transferring steering from left to right. Turned out it was a worn universal joint in the steering shaft.