Raptor as a daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it inconceivable to use your raptor as a daily driver?

What I mean is that I don't have a desert to go racing through, I don't even have any real trails to go mudding on.

Is it impractical to own a raptor if its just going to be a daily driver with an occasional drive down a dirt road.

Overkill - definitely, impractical - likely, looking cool and badass while doing so - priceless.

I want to pull the trigger today and place my order but the practical side of me is fighting me all the way to the dealer.

About to say good bye to my Tacoma.

Attachments

• tacomaraptor.jpg
    tacomaraptor.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 106

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the Raptor and don't look back. Soon enough you will be finding places to take it and have some fun, soon those empty lots that you pass everyday will look really appealing. Dooooo it!!!!

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just buy it. Practical is not in the dictionary for this truck. Awesome is though. If you can afford it, why not?

southpaw14_2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use mine as a daily driver, farm field fun, hunting truck and toy hauler. Get it and don't look back. You will love the compliments and looks you get every time you try to get out and pump gas!

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lastlight,
I was just like you before I purchased mine. I bought my previous truck because it was "practical". I didn't do much offroading and just needed a small 4-door truck for stuff around the house. But I wasn't happy when I drove it. After a couple of years, I wanted something better and I bought the Raptor and have never looked back. It is pure joy every time I drive it. I use it as a daily driver and I find myself looking for trails and opportunities to go off road everyday. I never knew how much fun it would be playing in the mud as an adult. I can't say enough about how much more enjoyable it is to drive. Being practical is a good way to live your life but you need to also enjoy life along the way. Life is too short so as long as you can afford it and all your other affairs are in order, GO FOR IT!

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptors are a better daily driver then my girls Lexus or FRS. You'll be amazed how easy thy handle the road.

As far as practical. No. The raptor isn't a practical truck. Toyotas can off road, tow, and drive. For a lot less.

But it's the QUALITY that's different with the Raptor. When off roading, it's waaaaay smoother, capable if absorbing more. At a higher speed too. And the ability to turn OFF the road nannys is what separates the Raptor from every other truck.

On road, the heated and cooled seats are good for all seasons, the dual cameras help in more ways then you can imagine, and the built in options to play music are top notch.

Wanna be practical? Seriously. Keep driving your Toyota.

Wanna separate yourself from the group and drive a truck whose engineering is second to none??? Get a Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner