Raptor as a commuter. What should I expect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My commute is like ***** Road Warrior.
Yesterday I was almost side swiped by a gravel truck which forced me off the road and in to parallel running train tracks.
If I were to get a beater it would be at least a 1 ton with a Cummins turbo diesel.
Mileage ain't what worries me. It's the wear and tear on the beast that was driving me to ask what people have seen.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

No retire. I just quit my job to take on a consulting gig. That went from a home office to being in their building 5 days a week to see why they suck so bad for the next year or so.
I forgot about that commute you had. That was brutal! Good example as your truck was pushed at many levels and seemd to respond really well with just regular maintenance.
One thing you can expect is frequent oil changes and tire rotation. I was practically doing them once a month for a while. You can send your oil of for analysts to determine when exactly it needs to be changed. Thus will help optimize your oil change intervals.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say you are going to experience pure fun. Unless you are in stop and go traffic then no car is fun