Raptor broken into

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the jimmy jammer door guards will prevent or complicate the lock barrels from being pushed through for those of you interested in counter measures.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the jimmy jammer door guards will prevent or complicate the lock barrels from being pushed through for those of you interested in counter measures.

I was in Dallas one time I got broke into. Same nite same parking lot, another superduty had those cause he had been broke into before. Down side of them, the piece of s&$t could not get into his, so just bust the dang window out. Cost him more in money and grief to fix his truck. Damn I hate a thief!!!!

Ski169

Reaction score

I looked at those after my incident last week. I figure that nothing is foolproof and if the ******** want to break in, they'll find a way. So the Jimmi Jammers can be a deterrent, the window would be next. So I found LLumar security film window tint. I'm seriously considering both of those. Fixing my stuff would be a better alternative than replacing it.

75th Fires

Reaction score
I had something similar happen to me at the end of last year. Came out of a restaurant to find the passenger rear window broken out and my briefcase stolen. They got my computer and iPad plus some other important stuff.

The parking lot was well lit and had seemingly lots of traffic. I was completely surprised because my black briefcase was stuffed underneath the rear bench. So black briefcase not really visible on black rubber mat under black leather seat bench didn't really make sense.

The cop who took down the report told me that some of these thieves carry little flashlights to shine in. That still confused me, because I think it would still be hard to see, especially if you are in a hurry.

Well, I finally figured out what they did. I think what happened was that they took a handheld scanner out with them looking for electronics searching for wifi of cell communications. I think they scanned and found my iPad and or laptop trying to connect and they knew that they had something to get in my truck.

So FWIW, be careful about leaving cell phones, iPads and other electronics in your truck, especially of they are turned on/standby.

Fires

Ftroop

Reaction score
Can't stand hearing about this my neighborhood has been dealing with A few kids doing some break in's. Usually on unlocked cars that are parked on or close to the street. I also keep anything of value hidden or not it the car. Still hate to hear about this. Sorry hopefully you got it all figured out!